Author Topic: Republicans get a win in OSHA withdrawal during Florida special session  (Read 535 times)

Offline libertybele

Republicans get a win in OSHA withdrawal during Florida special session

The Florida House and Senate are holding special sessions this week to debate COVID-19 related mandates.

Florida could become the first state to pass a law fining businesses and hospitals that comply with President Biden’s vaccine mandate. That session began on Monday, but there’s no telling how long it could take for this bill to become law.

Republican legislators also want to pull out of OSHA, the federal organizations that set relations for businesses and create a separate, state-run, business oversight committee.

On Tuesday, Democrats introduced amendments and opposition to the proposal. They left it all on the floor, but when it came time to vote, their yay’s were drowned out by the no’s from the other side of the aisle.

Republicans appear poised to win the fight over whether Florida should pull out of OSHA.

As the bill advanced in Tallahassee, more than 400 miles away in Naples, Gov. DeSantis gave it his blessing.............

https://www.winknews.com/2021/11/16/republicans-get-a-win-in-osha-withdrawal-during-florida-special-session/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

Re: Republicans get a win in OSHA withdrawal during Florida special session
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 02:07:53 am »
I was not aware a state could un-join osha.... good to know... watching...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 02:15:23 am »

The FL GOP needs to push through as much legislation as they can before '22. Right now they have a GOP majority in both houses.  Who knows what will happen. I'm sure the leftists will try any way they can to oust DeSantis and fill the seats with liberals.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 02:30:22 am »
The FL GOP needs to push through as much legislation as they can before '22. Right now they have a GOP majority in both houses.  Who knows what will happen. I'm sure the leftists will try any way they can to oust DeSantis and fill the seats with liberals.

God you are a Debbie Downer.   FL ain't going blue for some time. :patriot:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 02:39:01 am »
God you are a Debbie Downer.   FL ain't going blue for some time. :patriot:

Ya well, try as I might to be a Pollyanna, I'm a realist.  I believe the election was stolen and I have no doubt that the marxists will try to do the same to DeSantis.  Keep in mind he won his seat by less than 1 %.

Also, let's hope all the liberal newbies that have moved into our state remember why they left theirs and vote accordingly.

If DeSantis keeps his seat and both chambers maintain a conservative majority, I will be ecstatic.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 03:39:49 am »
Is there any red state you don't worry about going to the blue side?

Lighten up.  The avalanche is heading down the hill and it is red.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 03:40:43 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 03:47:58 am »

I'm mainly concerned about FL and TX. As for the avalanche I hope you are correct.

Ok...the reminder is well taken...this Debbie Downer will try to lighten up.  It's not easy for me.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 07:06:31 am »

I would love to see red states kick OSHA to the curb over this...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2021, 10:32:16 am »
Me, too. I think the states are fully capable of regulating their own industries, and thing the variety in regulatory enthusiasm from State to State could make for some interesting economic repercussions as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2021, 02:46:42 pm »

OSHA can be done away with by the same method it was created and should be as they are the most incompetent boobs around!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 02:47:48 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2021, 02:51:47 pm »

If anything like that happens, and if this were 1980 it certainly would, it would require todays left behave with some degree of honesty & integrity, even if its at their own expense. I just don't see them doing that.

Perhaps the red will prevail in spite of that but I do not think anything is guaranteed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2021, 09:37:39 pm »
If anything like that happens, and if this were 1980 it certainly would, it would require todays left behave with some degree of honesty & integrity, even if its at their own expense. I just don't see them doing that.

Perhaps the red will prevail in spite of that but I do not think anything is guaranteed.

Agreed, the left doesn't have a shred of honesty or integrity and I can say the same for many across the aisle.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2021, 09:38:29 pm »
OSHA can be done away with by the same method it was created and should be as they are the most incompetent boobs around!

Bumbling idiots!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2021, 11:46:26 pm »
Wingnut wrote:
"FL ain't going blue for some time."

How close did that black guy come to beating DeSantis in the governor's election?
It was pretty durn close, as I recall.
Things might have been very different down there, had the demo-communist won.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2021, 01:52:20 am »
Wingnut wrote:
"FL ain't going blue for some time."

How close did that black guy come to beating DeSantis in the governor's election?
It was pretty durn close, as I recall.
Things might have been very different down there, had the demo-communist won.

DeSantis won be less than 1% and won a recount. Given that the DEMS have stealing elections down pat, it's silly to assume that DeSantis' seat is safe. He is being challenged by Charlie Crist who was governor before under the GOP umbrella, than ran as a DEM, then ran as an IND ...now he's running again as a DEM.  I'd love to know who's backing him this time around.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 01:53:11 am by libertybele »