Author Topic: House to vote Wednesday to censure Gosar, remove him from committees  (Read 628 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House to vote Wednesday to censure Gosar, remove him from committees
By Cristina Marcos - 11/16/21 04:28 PM EST

The House will vote Wednesday on a resolution to censure Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) and take away his committee assignments for posting an anime video that depicted him violently attacking Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and President Biden.

The move, confirmed by sources familiar with the plan, would make Gosar just the 24th House member to be censured in the chamber's history and the first in more than a decade.

Censure is an extraordinarily rare and dramatic punitive measure that requires the sanctioned lawmaker to stand in the center of the chamber as the resolution is read aloud by the House Speaker.

Gosar currently serves on the Oversight and Reform panel alongside Ocasio-Cortez. The resolution will also take away his other seat on the House Natural Resources Committee, where he serves as the top Republican on its oversight subcommittee.

Republicans warned that the move would lead the House down a slippery slope where they might remove Democrats from committees in the future if they take over the majority. But Democrats said that any depiction or apparent endorsement of violence should not be tolerated.

“At some point, it has to stop,” said House Rules Committee Chairman Jim McGovern (D-Mass.).

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/581835-house-to-vote-wednesday-to-censure-gosar-and-remove-him-from-committees
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: House to vote Wednesday to censure Gosar, remove him from committees
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 11:42:45 pm »
Unfortunately it doesn't matter what the DCP does to GOP members. The GOP doesn't have the spine to do it back to the DCP.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 11:50:54 pm »
Some date Chinese spies, no biggie...
But make a cartoon....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 11:59:31 pm »
The GOP should take this as a precedent and run with it after the midterms. 

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 01:17:04 am »
The GOP should take this as a precedent and run with it after the midterms.
Yes they should but they won't. The first thing that should be done if the GOP takes over after voting in a new Speaker is impeach Traitor Joe and Kamelass at the same time.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2021, 05:12:16 pm »
While Mad Max called for violent BLM  and Antifa uprisings in summer 2020, and congress didn't blink.

Yeah, I put a lot credibility in this.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2021, 05:40:06 pm »
He should have received some sort of "American Hero Award" for having the stones to speak the truth from a position where it couldn't be ignored.

I have no idea what else he has done in his political career,but that one thing would be enough to insure he would get MY vote if I lived in his district.

Someone should start some sort of on-line petition that DEMANDS he gets his committee assignments back.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2021, 07:12:54 pm »
Pelosi on Gosar punishment: 'It's an emergency'
By Mike Lillis - 11/17/21 11:11 AM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday defended the Democrats' decision to punish Rep. Paul Gosar, saying the Arizona Republican crossed a bright red line — and may have committed criminal acts — in posting an animated video in which he kills a Democratic congresswoman and threatens the same fate of President Biden.

"Because it's an emergency," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol.

"[There are] legal matters in terms of threatening a member and threatening the president of the United States," she added. "We have to address it immediately, and I'm so pleased that our members understand that this is central to our work in Congress that we protect the integrity of the House, of the institution, but also the lives of our members."

The remarks came just hours before House Democrats will hold a vote on a resolution to censure Gosar and remove him from his assignments on the Oversight and Reform and the Natural Resources committees. The censure option is extremely rare — it was last used to punish Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) in 2010 — and represents the last worst punishment available to House leaders before a member is expelled.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/581949-pelosi-on-gosar-punishment-its-an-emergency
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2021, 08:05:31 pm »
He should have received some sort of "American Hero Award" for having the stones to speak the truth from a position where it couldn't be ignored.

I have no idea what else he has done in his political career,but that one thing would be enough to insure he would get MY vote if I lived in his district.

Someone should start some sort of on-line petition that DEMANDS he gets his committee assignments back.

I do live in his District, and he already has my vote.  He's unopposed in the Primary (so far) and the District is about 3:1 GOP.

@sneakypete
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2021, 08:29:48 pm »

Honestly I hope for the best of health for that bitch AOC.

She's the best GOTV enemy we have.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2021, 09:33:10 pm »
Ocasio-Cortez blasts Gosar, McCarthy over anime video showing her murder
By Cristina Marcos - 11/17/21 03:34 PM EST

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) made an impassioned call to her fellow House members on Wednesday to censure Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) for posting an anime video that depicted him killing her and swinging swords at President Biden.

In a fervent House floor speech during debate over a resolution to censure Gosar and remove him from House committees, Ocasio-Cortez implored lawmakers to make clear that they won't tolerate depictions of violence toward members of Congress.

"What is so hard about saying that this is wrong? This is not about me. This is not about Rep. Gosar. But this is about what we are willing to accept," Ocasio-Cortez said.

Ocasio-Cortez rejected Gosar's claims that the video was "symbolic" of the debate over immigration, arguing that fantasizing about murdering a political opponent still has real-life consequences.

"I have seen other members of this party advance the argument, including Rep. Gosar himself, the illusion, that this was just a joke. That what we say and what we do does not matter so long as we claim a lack of meaning," Ocasio-Cortez said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/582029-ocasio-cortez-blasts-gosar-mccarthy-over-anime-video-showing-her-murder
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2021, 09:33:17 pm »
Jonathan Lemire
@JonLemire
·
1m
WASHINGTON (AP) — House censures Republican Rep. Paul Gosar of Arizona, removes him from committees over posting of violent video.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2021, 09:35:40 pm »

The two Repubs who voted with the Dems are...you guessed it....Cheney and Kinzinger
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2021, 09:37:21 pm »
Oh well....I'll see Paul in a month or so, so I can ask him what he thinks about it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2021, 09:39:07 pm »
The House voted almost entirely along party lines on Wednesday to censure Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) and take away his committee seats for posting an anime video depicting him violently attacking Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and President Biden.

Only two Republicans, Reps. Liz Cheney (Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (Ill.), joined all Democrats as the House voted 223-207, with Rep. Dave Joyce (R-Ohio) voting "present," to punish Gosar.

In an extraordinary scene, Gosar was forced to stand in the center of the House floor as Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) read aloud the resolution that made him just the 24th lawmaker in the chamber’s more than 200-year history to be censured.

He is just the 24th lawmaker in the chamber’s more than 200-year history to be censured.

Gosar will also be removed from the House Oversight and Reform Committee, where he has served with Ocasio-Cortez, as well as the House Natural Resources Committee.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/582031-house-votes-to-censure-gosar-and-boot-him-from-committees
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2021, 09:40:32 pm »
Well, that'll be a fun precedent to play around with after the dems get shellacked in the midterms.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2021, 10:01:31 pm »
What goes around comes around for these Democrats.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2021, 10:10:46 pm »
What goes around comes around for these Democrats.

It will be sooner than they think, and Gosar will probably chair Ways and Means.
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2021, 10:45:17 pm »
Cheney, Kinzinger Vote to Remove Paul Gosar from Committee Assignments

Democrat-allied Reps. Adam Kinzinger (D-IL) and Liz Cheney (R-WY) both voted to censure and remove Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) from his Oversight and Reform and Natural Resources committee seats.
Wendell Husebø17 Nov 2021, 2:17 PM PST

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/17/cheney-kinzinger-paul-gosar-committee/
Support the USO