Author Topic: CBO to release full cost estimate for 'Build Back Better' plan by Nov. 19  (Read 184 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 15, 2021 1:34 PM CST

CBO to release full cost estimate for 'Build Back Better' plan by Nov. 19
Reuters

Nov 15 (Reuters) - The Congressional Budget Office said it anticipates publishing a complete cost estimate for U.S. President Joe Biden's "Build Back Better" plan by Friday, Nov. 19.

The $1.75 trillion proposal aims to expand the social safety net in the United States and boost climate change policy. The estimate will be published on the CBO's website.

The CBO, a nonpartisan arm of Congress, is expected to provide revenue scores for the IRS and drug-pricing provisions, Democratic lawmakers have said.

Ito began publishing estimates for individual elements of the bill on Nov. 10, and has published six so far.

If passed by the House of Representatives, the social policy legislation would move to the Senate, also narrowly controlled by Democrats, where Majority Leader Chuck Schumer wants to enact it before the Nov. 25 Thanksgiving holiday.

https://www.reuters.com/business/cbo-release-full-cost-estimate-build-back-better-plan-by-friday-2021-11-15/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: CBO to release full cost estimate for 'Build Back Better' plan by Nov. 19
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 03:11:30 pm »
Uh oh: CBO to rule that Biden's reconciliation package isn't fully paid for?
Allahpundit Nov 15, 2021 8:01 PM ET

Silver lining for House Dems: Joe Manchin was going to tear this bill up anyway so it’s not like they’re losing something meaningful.

But it’ll be highly embarrassing if they can’t come up with a plan, spearheaded by the president himself, that’s capable of passing their own chamber.

Take two minutes to watch Dem Rep. Josh Gottheimer, the leader of the centrist wing in the House, discussing what he wanted from the House bill a week ago. We need it scored by CBO, he told CNN, and we expect that the numbers we were given by the White House will match up with CBO’s findings. More than anything, Gottheimer wanted the bill to be paid for. He expected no increase to the deficit if it were enacted into law. (Which, again, it won’t be.)

more
https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/11/15/uh-oh-cbo-to-rule-that-bidens-reconciliation-package-isnt-fully-paid-for-n429453
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 07:51:33 pm »
Is it too much to ask why this was not done prior to it becoming law?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 07:55:31 pm »
Is it too much to ask why this was not done prior to it becoming law?
As of yet the reconciliation package is not law. The 1.2 trillion dollar infrastructure plan is law.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 10:16:35 pm »
As of yet the reconciliation package is not law. The 1.2 trillion dollar infrastructure plan is law.
thx.  All those trillions of dollars thrown around confuse me.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 11:22:45 pm »
I sailed wrote:
"All those trillions of dollars thrown around confuse me."

Everett Dirksen:
“A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money."

Fishrrman:
"A trillion here, a trillion there, and pretty soon your money won't be worth nuthin'..."

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 11:39:42 pm »
thx.  All those trillions of dollars thrown around confuse me.
Yeah it won't be long before a gallon of gas is a trillion.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 02:43:24 am »
I sailed wrote:
"All those trillions of dollars thrown around confuse me."

Everett Dirksen:
“A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money."

Fishrrman:
"A trillion here, a trillion there, and pretty soon your money won't be worth nuthin'..."
Sheeeeit! The way democrats are blowing through money we'll start hearing quadrillion bandied about in no time at all!