Author Topic: The Stunning Lack of Accountability for the Botched U.S. Drone Strike in Afghanistan  (Read 84 times)

rangerrebew

The Stunning Lack of Accountability for the Botched U.S. Drone Strike in Afghanistan
By Robert M. Berg

November 10, 2021 6:30 AM

Relatives and neighbors of the Ahmadi family gathered around a vehicle targeted and hit earlier Sunday afternoon by an American drone strike in Kabul, Afghanistan, August 30, 2021. (Marcus Yam/Los Angeles Times/Getty Images)
A review cleared any officers of wrongdoing for a strike that killed civilians. This is a disgrace.

NRPLUS MEMBER ARTICLE A ccountability for the botched drone strike by the U.S. military that killed ten civilians in Kabul must lie somewhere. Having personally conducted countless dynamic-targeting situations while running current operations in both Afghanistan and Iraq, I can attest that you do not just strike a car you have been actively tracking for eight hours that is loaded with civilians without people making serious mistakes. Likely these mistakes came at much higher levels than Air Force lieutenant general Sami Said’s review cared to look.

What I find most interesting is that Said focused all his comments on the “strike cell” and the information that our military had at the time. While I am not for micromanaging our current operations cells, where this strike would have been tracked and processed, it is hard to believe that general or flag-level officers (abbreviated GOFOs, a term used to refer to general or admiral-level officers within our military) were not directly involved in approving this strike. Who were these GOFOs, and how actively were they tracking the situation? We don’t know. But we should.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/11/the-stunning-lack-of-accountability-for-the-botched-u-s-drone-strike-in-afghanistan/#slide-1

rangerrebew

Why worry accountability when troops have their Critical Race Theory lessons to learn? They can't be expected to do everything perfectly and still study that and about white rage.  So, a few people died but our military had time to study. :whistle: