Author Topic: Democrats think GOP will blink in newest debt brawl  (Read 209 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats think GOP will blink in newest debt brawl
« on: November 17, 2021, 01:30:28 pm »
By Alexander Bolton - 11/17/21 06:00 AM EST

Congress is headed into another nasty fight to raise the debt limit that has no resolution in sight.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen told congressional leaders Tuesday that the federal government could default on its debt soon after Dec. 15 without action to raise the federal borrowing limit.

Senate Democrats are ruling out the possibility of using the special budget reconciliation process to raise the debt ceiling with only Democratic votes. But that means they’ll need some help from Senate Republicans, setting up another standoff over government spending next month.

“We must pass the debt limit. We cannot let the full faith and credit of this country lapse, and we hope to do it in a bipartisan way,” Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) told reporters Tuesday.

Asked if he was still ruling out using budget reconciliation, Schumer repeated: “We are focusing on getting this done in a bipartisan way.”   

Republicans say they only voted with Democrats on an emergency basis in October to advance a two-month debt-limit increase.

The GOP senators who backed the measure came under stark criticism from former President Trump, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said he would not provide the help again on a procedural vote.

With the new Dec. 15 deadline fast approaching, Schumer hasn’t made any move to set up a separate budget reconciliation process to address the debt limit.

Some Democrats say they think the GOP, which in October backed away from a vow of not providing help, will blink again.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/581879-democrats-think-gop-will-blink-in-newest-debt-brawl
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Re: Democrats think GOP will blink in newest debt brawl
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 01:34:42 pm »
By Alexander Bolton - 11/17/21 06:00 AM EST

Congress is headed into another nasty fight to raise the debt limit that has no resolution in sight.
Some Democrats say they think the GOP, which in October backed away from a vow of not providing help, will blink again.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/581879-democrats-think-gop-will-blink-in-newest-debt-brawl

Experience proves these Ds are correct.
James 1:20

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 02:39:19 pm »
Experience proves these Ds are correct.

Sadly true! I cannot recall an instance where the Rs have not caved.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 02:40:29 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 02:42:47 pm »
D's have these cowards pegged down pat.

Ask the 13 GOP turds who helped Pedo Joe out of politcal free fall last week.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 02:46:49 pm »
The only thing concerning the GOP is how to give their friends across the aisle cover & pass the budget while still maintaining their image with their voters as the loyal opposition.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 02:53:43 pm »
If the Pubs force the Rats to use reconciliation to pass the debt level increase does that mean they can't use it for biden's "build back better"?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 03:04:44 pm »
If the Pubs force the Rats to use reconciliation to pass the debt level increase does that mean they can't use it for biden's "build back better"?

Just for you @bilo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbHTJSu_2Lk
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 04:13:30 pm »
The only thing concerning the GOP is how to give their friends across the aisle cover & pass the budget while still maintaining their image with their voters as the loyal opposition.

For the GOP,  the majority is theirs if things get really, really bad for the American people.  They have no incentive to be the loyal opposition.  In mid-2022 they'll come out with the usual BS ads and talking points knowing voters will have no choice but to believe them.

I despise the GOP.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2021, 04:41:06 pm »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2021, 04:42:54 pm »
Just for you @bilo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbHTJSu_2Lk
Unbelievable to see in-your-face disregard for the rule of law by a poster child who was one of the few judges in history to be removed from the federal bench
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2021, 06:05:25 pm »

@skeeter

Key word being "loyal".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!