Author Topic: Mike Pence 'Ashamed' of Trump, Might Poach His Voters in 2024 Election: Ex-Press Sec (Newsweak)  (Read 366 times)

Online corbe

Mike Pence 'Ashamed' of Trump, Might Poach His Voters in 2024 Election: Ex-Press Sec

Christina Zhao - Yesterday 3:44 PM

Mike Pence is "ashamed" of Donald Trump over the attack on the U.S. Capitol on January 6 and will run against him in 2024 for his base, said Alyssa Farah, who served as a press secretary for the former vice president from 2017 to 2019.

As 2024 speculation mounts, Trump and Pence have been delivering campaign-like speeches in recent public appearances, signaling that both men could be laying the groundwork for their return to the political stage. Pence went sideways with Trump after affirming President Joe Biden's election win, which drew scorn from the former president and his supporters.

"There's aspects of the record they did together that I know Pence is proud of, but I know he is ashamed of that [January 6], he is ashamed of how the former president conducted himself," Farah said on CNN Saturday.

Asked if Pence will run against Trump in 2024, the former aide predicted that Pence would launch a presidential campaign and attempt to court the millions of Americans who voted for Trump last November, as well as Republicans voters who were "alienated" by Trump.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mike-pence-ashamed-of-trump-might-poach-his-voters-in-2024-election-ex-press-sec/ar-AAQHljx?ocid=msedgntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Mods please move to 'Ridiculous News' if you think that is a more appropriate category.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Mike Pence is analogous to the cowboy who sees the circled wagons are losing, and jumps out with headress and arrows in tow.

He might be viewed as the least trustworthy national republican in the entire country right now.  Why anyone is giving him any relevance is truly puzzling.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
   Mods please move to 'Ridiculous News' if you think that is a more appropriate category.

I'm no great supporter of Trump, but I can spot a traitor a mile away, no matter the ideology.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
I'm no great supporter of Trump, but I can spot a traitor a mile away, no matter the ideology.

I disagree that Pence is a traitor to anything, but if he seriously thinks he can compete with Trump for Trump's supporters then he is insane.  That would be some kind of new record for obtuse self-delusion.

Pence needs to recognize that, whether it's fair or not, his career in elected office is over.
James 1:20

Offline rustynail

"Mike Pence is "ashamed" of Donald Trump" .. but does this Most Exemplary Christian forgive him?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I disagree that Pence is a traitor to anything, but if he seriously thinks he can compete with Trump for Trump's supporters then he is insane.  That would be some kind of new record for obtuse self-delusion.

Pence needs to recognize that, whether it's fair or not, his career in elected office is over.

Pence understood the level of corruption that it took place to displace Trump electorally.  Rather than taking the courageous route, he bowed to the pressure of the Congressswamp. Maybe traitor is a tad tough as a descrpiton.  Would the term "Complicit Coward" be more apt?

Offline dfwgator

Pence won't get even 1%.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Pence doesn't have the gonads.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline dfwgator

Pence doesn't have the gonads.

He also doesn't have the votes.

Offline libertybele

I hear what you are saying, however, I believe  Pence will have the full-backing of people like Romney and others of the GOPe. I can even see a Pence/Romney ticket. People on both sides of the aisles (and others like Soros) will do everything in their power and use their money to see that Trump doesn't win.  I don't put it past either side to steal an election and I definitely don't believe we will have fair elections going forward.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mesaclone

I hear what you are saying, however, I believe  Pence will have the full-backing of people like Romney and others of the GOPe. I can even see a Pence/Romney ticket. People on both sides of the aisles (and others like Soros) will do everything in their power and use their money to see that Trump doesn't win.  I don't put it past either side to steal an election and I definitely don't believe we will have fair elections going forward.

There might be a non-GOP nominated Pence-Romney ticket in 2024….but it would draw more votes from the Dems than it would take from Republicans. A Trump-Desantis ticket (or something similar such as a Trump-Noem) will be the GOP nominated 2024 ticket. Barring a health issue, it’s a sure as the sunrise. Pence won’t hit double digits in a GOP primary…ditto for Christie and Romney. So let those morons run as independents or as 3rd party candidate…they will only ensure a broader Trump win.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 04:21:25 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline skeeter

Pence understood the level of corruption that it took place to displace Trump electorally.  Rather than taking the courageous route, he bowed to the pressure of the Congressswamp. Maybe traitor is a tad tough as a descrpiton.  Would the term "Complicit Coward" be more apt?
While his ex boss is invested in the American ideal, Pence is invested in DC.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If Pence runs and the Country Club backs him, the Dems might even  be able to prop up Biden for another run.

I refuse to vote for Pence, I don't give two sh*ts who is running against him.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

Pence is a traitor and he knows it as much as everyone else. He won't run.

Offline Kamaji

How, pray tell, is Pence going to poach Trump voters, ever, let alone in 2024?

Offline HoustonSam

This has been argued exhaustively here more than once.  Pence fulfilled all of his Constitutional obligations during the January 6 joint session, and he had no authority to do anything more than what he did.  I have repeatedly posted multiple contemporaneous reports that all documented objections were fully debated, and no one has cited a single line of statutory or Constitutional authority for state legislators to recall certified EVs or for the President of the Senate unilaterally to qualify state-certified EVs.

As President of the Senate the only thing the VP certifies is arithmetic, not the legitimacy of state-certified EVs.  Each state legislature is completely sovereign over its EVs and once they are certified the game is over, whether or not each state played by the rules.  The steal was complete on December 8 2020, when the state EVs passed the "safe harbor" deadline.

There are plenty of people to blame for it, and Rs can be blamed for not taking it seriously and not fighting it hard enough; Pence comes in for blame here.  But on January 6 it was too late and he had no options.  To argue otherwise empowers every D VP until the end of the republic to game the Joint Session EV count by sending certified R EVs back to their states, and we both know that's exactly what the Ds will do if they have the chance.

Pence is neither a coward nor a traitor; he is delusional, and he has not learned the critical lesson of the Trump candidacy and administration - the R rank and file is no longer interested in nice guys.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This has been argued exhaustively here more than once.  Pence fulfilled all of his Constitutional obligations during the January 6 joint session, and he had no authority to do anything more than what he did.  I have repeatedly posted multiple contemporaneous reports that all documented objections were fully debated, and no one has cited a single line of statutory or Constitutional authority for state legislators to recall certified EVs or for the President of the Senate unilaterally to qualify state-certified EVs.

As President of the Senate the only thing the VP certifies is arithmetic, not the legitimacy of state-certified EVs.  Each state legislature is completely sovereign over its EVs and once they are certified the game is over, whether or not each state played by the rules.  The steal was complete on December 8 2020, when the state EVs passed the "safe harbor" deadline.

There are plenty of people to blame for it, and Rs can be blamed for not taking it seriously and not fighting it hard enough; Pence comes in for blame here.  But on January 6 it was too late and he had no options.  To argue otherwise empowers every D VP until the end of the republic to game the Joint Session EV count by sending certified R EVs back to their states, and we both know that's exactly what the Ds will do if they have the chance.

Pence is neither a coward nor a traitor; he is delusional, and he has not learned the critical lesson of the Trump candidacy and administration - the R rank and file is no longer interested in nice guys.
I believe that he was supposed to call for objections to certification, and that that was not done in the wake of the disruption.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Pence couldn't poach Trumps eggs let alone his voters. I'm starting to think that Pence lives in imagination land with Joe.

Offline HoustonSam

I believe that he was supposed to call for objections to certification, and that that was not done in the wake of the disruption.

Sorry @Smokin Joe , that isn't true.  Objections to PA's EVs were fully considered in separate chambers *after* the Joint Session re-convened post-demonstration.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,440396.msg2447967.html#msg2447967

It is a myth that properly-documented objections, raised by one Senator and one Representative, were not heard and considered.