Author Topic: US Actions in Ukraine Backfiring as Risk of Russian Invasion Grows, Analysts Say  (Read 99 times)

rangerrebew

US Actions in Ukraine Backfiring as Risk of Russian Invasion Grows, Analysts Say

12 Nov 2021
Stars and Stripes | By John Vandiver and Alison Bath

STUTTGART, Germany -- The U.S. military's stepped-up activities around Ukraine have turned into a new "red line" for Moscow that could increase the risk of a large-scale Russian invasion of the country, some military analysts are cautioning as Russian troops mass on Ukraine's border.

But Pentagon brass could be missing the signal Moscow is sending on what it's willing to fight over, as the movement of Russian forces sparks concerns in Washington and European capitals of a possible military offensive in the months ahead.

"There are very, very dark clouds on the horizon," said Michael Kofman, director of Russia studies at the Center for Naval Analyses.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/11/12/us-actions-ukraine-backfiring-risk-of-russian-invasion-grows-analysts-say.html

rangerrebew

Maybe Milley should call his ally in China and have him call Russia to tell them he'll stop anything militarily from happening in the Ukraine area. :whistle:

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I don't think a dementia stricken POTUS who sharts in his Depends daily is putting much fear or trepidation in our enemies.  Fall of Ukraine, Taiwan, and another 9-11 are well within the scope of this government that his weakened our international presitge  back a hundred years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.