Author Topic: The highest-ranking woman in Pentagon history is on a mission to take the armed forces electric  (Read 103 times)

rangerrebew

The highest-ranking woman in Pentagon history is on a mission to take the armed forces electric
By
Nicole Goodkind

November 12, 2021 7:00 AM EST

Subscribe to Fortune Daily to get essential business stories delivered straight to your inbox each morning.

In 1965, Bob Dylan performed his first electric concert at the Newport Folk Festival and got booed off the stage. In 2021, Kathleen Hicks, the deputy secretary of the Department of Defense and highest-ranking woman in Pentagon history, made her own visit to Newport, R.I. And like the iconic folkie-turned-rocker, her mission was to go electric.

Dylan went on to release Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde, two electrified albums that changed the trajectory of American culture. Whether Hicks is able to achieve her goal—moving all of the Pentagon’s 170,000 non-tactical vehicles from combustion engines to electric motors—remains to be seen.

But if you ask Hicks, a Biden appointee who has spent the majority of her career in and around the Pentagon, it’s do or die.

https://fortune.com/2021/11/12/kathleen-hicks-deputy-secretary-highest-ranking-woman-pentagon-department-of-defense/

rangerrebew

And she's going to have them painted pink and yellow and have "I love Critical Race Theory" painted on the sides. :cheerlead:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
The article infusing Bob Dylan's career is almost as ridiculous as thinking an EV Tank is going to compete with a Chicom version. Wokeness is a disease.

Fortune used to be a decent fin. rag.  Now they are a joke. 

WSJ apparently is about all that's left.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

Just another activist.... forget the mission, just go green...

Online mountaineer

Above all, it's important that every electric vehicle is staffed by a diverse, "looks like America" crew.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org