Author Topic: MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle: ‘Dirty Little Secret’ About Inflation Is People Can Afford It  (Read 313 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle: ‘Dirty Little Secret’ About Inflation Is People Can Afford It

Pam Key 14 Nov 2021

NBC News senior business correspondent and MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle said Sunday on “Today” that the “dirty little secret” about soaring inflation was, on average, people have the money to pay more for goods.

Ruhle said, “Nobody knows exactly when they’re going down, but you have to put all this in perspective. This inflation is not in isolation, and the government predicted it was going to be a challenging recovery, recovery all tied to Covid. So it’s why you see things like that expanded child tax credit. You’ve got the families of over 60 million kids, on average, getting $430 a month. For people on fixed incomes, older people on social security, they’re getting those fixed payments adjusted next year up 5.9% for inflation.”

She continued, “And the dirty little secret here, while nobody likes to pay more, on average we have the money to do so. Household savings hit a record high over the pandemic. We didn’t really have anywhere to go out and spend. And as we said a moment ago, we’re expecting retail sales this holiday season to break records. For those who own their homes, the value of our homes are up. While the stock market isn’t the economy, you have over half of American households with some investment in the markets and they hit market highs.”

Ruhle added, “So we need to put all of this in perspective. This time last year when you and I were talking nobody had a vaccine. Now 200 million Americans do, and we’re seeing this push of demand and that’s pushing up pricing.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/11/14/msnbcs-stephanie-ruhle-dirty-little-secret-about-inflation-is-people-can-afford-it/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

So she's pissing on her readership claiming its raining...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
So she's pissing on her readership claiming its raining...
"Some" people can afford it.
"Her people" can afford it. And that is all she cares about.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

"Some" people can afford it.
"Her people" can afford it. And that is all she cares about.

That’s how far disconnected people like her are from average Americans

They dismiss things such as high fuel prices and grocery prices because they’re not burdened by them

Everybody lives in a bubble. And the assumption is whatever goes on in my bubble, that’s how the world works and people think
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 07:24:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We didn’t really have anywhere to go out and spend.

Buh buh buh I thought the supply chain problems was because of everyone shopping online?

One claim one day, opposite next.

Do the shifty shuffle, do it side to side.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle: ‘Dirty Little Secret’ About Inflation Is People Can Afford It"

Brings to mind a statement about Nixon's election by film critic Pauline Kael, which I will paraphrase:
Ruhle: "Inflation can't hurt -- I don't know anyone who can't afford it...!"

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
When the bloodbath happens  when the SHTF, priority 2 after politicans should be the MSM.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I thought the supply chain problems was because of everyone shopping online?
This is what usually happens in nascent Communist/Fascist Nations such as America is now. At the beginning, inflation goes out of control. This is a standard part of the process. This causes people to start buying NOW! while the so called money is still worth something. So they are right in a way. People want to spend their money while they can still get something for it in return. A spending frenzy just before a currency collapse is normal.

Then when the currency and economy collapse, which they all have historically, the people are bankrupt, destitute, and totally dependent on governmental largess. None of what is happening is accidental or 'stupid'. These people are following a script which has played out dozens of times all over the world.

You think all the people in D.C. don't know that printing 3.5 Trillion dollars will crash the currency? Of course they know. Or the 'promise' of paying illegals half a million dollar 'each' will not cause every able bodied foreigner on Earth to head for America. Of course they know. They know exactly what they are doing.

None of all of the daily absurdities coming out of D.C. are 'incompetence' or stupidity. It is all part of a well worn plan to crash America and then to "build back better" (which is what this slogan means; it has to crash first to build it back) as a totalitarian Communist State. Everything we are seeing has been done before many times. And unfortunately, it works.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC anchor deemed 'Stephanie Antoinette' after arguing Americans can afford more expensive groceries
The consumer price index rose 6.2% year over year in October, according to the Labor Department

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbcs-stephanie-ruhle-says-americans-actually-can-afford-more-expensive-food
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34