Author Topic: Pentagon Admits Dozens of Family Members of Troops are Likely Stuck in Afghanistan  (Read 87 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pentagon Admits Dozens of Family Members of Troops are Likely Stuck in Afghanistan

by Will
about 13 hours ago

Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby, in a press briefing on November 10th, had shocking news for America: there are dozens of family members of US troops stuck in Afghanistan.

Specifically, when asked, “John, can you please update us on — on the number of immediate family members of U.S. service members in Afghanistan?” he first attempted to dodge the question by saying “I don’t have a whole number on that, no.”

However, his questioner was not to be dissuaded and pressed, saying “OK. So, I mean, the withdrawal ended on August 30th, and it’s — today is November 10th. I mean, how is it possible that — that the department doesn’t know how many immediate family members are still left…”

At that point, Mr. Kirby snapped back, saying:

– I didn’t say we didn’t know; I said I don’t have a number for you. We believe it’s certainly most likely in the dozens, but one of the reasons we put the memo out last week was to encourage service members to come forward.

It’s a dynamic thing, Fadi. I mean, you make it sound like a snap on a chalk line, and boom! You’ve got to know all the — you’ve got to know every number. That’s not even true for American citizens, as other — as American citizens in Afghanistan continue to come forward, because maybe they’ve changed their mind. Maybe they didn’t want out by August 30th, and maybe now they do. And so the number has — is changed a little bit.

We’re working this as hard as we can. We take the obligation seriously to our people and to their families. And we’re — and that’s why we put the advisory out to the services last week, to give them a place, a portal where they can go to put information on — on — on there that we can then share with our State Department colleagues to get them out. We’re going to stay at this.

more
https://trendingpolitics.com/pentagon-admits-dozens-of-family-members-of-troops-are-likely-stuck-in-afghanistan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So dozens in democrat speak probably translates to hundreds.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There's sumthin' I'm not quite gettin' here.

Why would there be "family members" of American military personnel who had been "serving in Afghanistan", in that country in the first place...?