Author Topic: Karen Bass: The Men Killed by Rittenhouse Akin to Civil Rights Workers  (Read 189 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Karen Bass: The Men Killed by Rittenhouse Akin to Civil Rights Workers

Pam Key 14 Nov 2021

Representative Karen Bass (D-CA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that the two white men killed by Kyle Rittenhouse during a protest were like white Civil Rights activists killed in the 1960s.

When asked about the trial on the killing of Ahmaud Arbery, Bass said, “I think that particular trial is off to a bad start just like the trial of Rittenhouse is off to a bad start as well. A year ago, we were talking about racial reckoning, and it seemed to be an enlightened period, and now we’ve had major setbacks. I think that people understand that you can use race politically. It charges people up. It’s highly emotional issue, and I think it’s just really sad. That trial, the Arbery trial, is a trial of a lynching. That is exactly what happened in that case and look at Rittenhouse. Both of those trials were based in race. I’m concerned about the outcome for both of them.”

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “Kyle Rittenhouse is a white man accused of shooting three other white men and killing two of them. Explain how you think there’s a racial dimension to this case?”

Bass said, “Remember now, where were the White men killed? At a protest, protesting in solidarity for Black folks so, to me, it was reminiscent of the Civil Rights Movement when you had young white people that participated in the sit-ins and protests, and they were subject to beatings, they were subject to shootings, many of them were killed as well, and it’s as though the judge is taking that very lightly. Remember, the judge in the Rittenhouse case said you couldn’t even refer to the people that were killed as victims. You could refer to them as rioters. Here you have a 17-year-old boy who was driven by his mother across state lines with an automatic weapon. Frankly, she should have been detained for child endangerment. To go to a protest, he said he’s going to help the police. It was ridiculous. He walks across with his automatic weapon, and the police look at him, and the majority of the people protesting were African-American, but the White men that were killed were protesting in solidarity with the Black people so it reminded me of the Civil Rights Movement.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/11/14/karen-bass-the-men-killed-by-rittenhouse-akin-to-civil-rights-workers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Karen Bass: The Men Killed by Rittenhouse Akin to Civil Rights Workers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 05:02:57 pm »
Saying Bass is as dumb as a box of rocks is insulting to all boxes of rocks.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 05:07:57 pm »
Aside from her confusion between a machine gun and a common American rifle, does this idiot now know that these "civil rights workers" include one convicted child abuser and another with a history of mental illness and violent behavior?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 09:13:29 pm »
Akin to civil rights workers, really? I was unware that civil rights workers rioted, pillaged, looted and committed arson. Sorry but these people seem to be more akin to Atilla and his Huns or Genghis Kahn and his Mongols. I don't think those who take pleasure in violating the civil rights of others should be favorably compare to those who gave so much, sometimes their lives, in defense of others rights. But then we're talking about an ignorant democrat so....

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 09:26:25 pm »
I heard they were sinless Rabbis and Priests who worked at orphanages caring for little kids and homeless shelters feeding the poor. On the weekends they worked at animal shelters raising money to feed the no kill babies. Also, they were frequently seen in local hospitals spending time with terminal patients.

The guys he shot were true living Saints, with a halo glowing from their heads 24 hours a day.
(que the pictures of them when they were 5 years old)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 09:46:06 pm »
For Joe Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot maybe.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 11:45:58 pm »
The woman is a communist.
Figures that she'd make a statement like this...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 11:48:54 pm »
Akin to civil rights workers, really? I was unware that civil rights workers rioted, pillaged, looted and committed arson. Sorry but these people seem to be more akin to Atilla and his Huns or Genghis Kahn and his Mongols. I don't think those who take pleasure in violating the civil rights of others should be favorably compare to those who gave so much, sometimes their lives, in defense of others rights. But then we're talking about an ignorant democrat so....
You need to brush up on what 'civil rights' are all about these days.