Author Topic: Los Angeles Potentially Exposed to Radioactive Dust After Explosive Demolition at Old Nuclear Test S  (Read 171 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Los Angeles Potentially Exposed to Radioactive Dust After Explosive Demolition at Old Nuclear Test Site

Joel B. Pollak 13 Nov 2021

Residents of some parts of Los Angeles are expressing concern that they may have been exposed to radioactive dust particles after the U.S. Department of Energy demolished a building last month at a former nuclear testing site by using explosives.

Local NBC Los Angeles reported Friday:

The U.S. Department of Energy demolished a building using explosives last month at the highly contaminated Santa Susana Field Lab (SSFL), a former nuclear and rocket test site in the hills above LA. The building was part of a complex at SSFL used to develop nuclear reactors.

The explosion sent clouds of dust into the sky near residential neighborhoods of what some experts say were radioactive materials.

“I was absolutely flabbergasted,” Dan Hirsch told the NBC Los Angeles I-Team.

Hirsch, the former director of the Program on Environmental and Nuclear Policy at UC Santa Cruz, added, “I was concerned that that radioactive cloud would migrate to where people are.”

In a press statement last month, the U.S. Department of Energy claimed that it had safely demolished the structures. It even posted a video of the demolition to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu9x64QPLZ4&ab_channel=U.S.DepartmentofEnergy

more
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2021/11/13/los-angeles-potentially-exposed-to-radioactive-dust-after-explosive-demolition-at-old-nuclear-test-site/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
  Hirsch, the former director of the Program on Environmental and Nuclear Policy at UC Santa Cruz, added, “I was concerned that that radioactive cloud would migrate to where people are.”

But it will eventually as wind blows the dust and rain washes down. I can understand the lack of concern for people but where is PETA and all the myriad land and ecological groups in California that care more about the plants and animals than those disgusting humans, where is their outrage?

Offline Kamaji

Meh. It was LA.  It could use a lot more radiation to purge it.