Author Topic: Federal appeals court halts Biden's COVID-19 vaccine rule for large businesses  (Read 301 times)

Offline Hoodat

Federal appeals court halts Biden's COVID-19 vaccine rule for large businesses

VICTORIA ALBERT  |  NOVEMBER 12, 2021  |  8:56 PM

A federal appeals court on Friday halted the Biden administration's new COVID-19 vaccine rule for private businesses with 100 or more workers, marking a victory for a group of states and businesses that say it's an overreach of the president's authority.

The controversy comes after the Occupational Safety and Health Administration issued a rule in early November that would require businesses with 100 or more employees to ensure that their employees are either fully vaccinated or undergo weekly COVID-19 testing by January 4. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration said it would fine businesses almost $14,000 for each employee that did not comply.

The court issued a scathing criticism of that rule on Friday, arguing that the Occupational Safety and Health Administration does not have the authority to issue such a broad and aggressive requirement.  .  .

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-appeals-court-halt-biden-vaccine-rule-for-businesses/

I was just in the process of typing a letter to my company's HR department to see if they were going to turn over my medical records to OSHA, which would be in violation of their own HIPAA training.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I predict a sizable number of companies may still implement "the rule" anyway, regardless of the court decision.

This is going to have to go before the Supreme Court in an expedited manner.
The consequences are too important to the nation, both economically and politically, to proceed on "a slow track"...

Online libertybele

You are right @Fishrrman this needs to go before SCOTUS -- my only concern is how they're going to rule -- Roberts has his head in the sand or better yet the DEMS laps.

Appeals court re-affirms stay on Biden workplace vaccine mandate, cites 'severe' risks

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/appeals-court-re-affirms-stay-biden-workplace-vaccine-mandate
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

Does a business even have the legal right to demand that you get a "vaccine" even without a government order to? If so, where does it end?

Online Polly Ticks

My very large company required us to submit our vaccination status a couple of months ago. They claimed it was so they'll be able to activate/invalidate ID badges to allow or prevent entry into the offices based on whether you've been vaccinated and if not, whether you've done your required assessment before coming into the office, but I don't necessarily believe that it's not just step one toward this "mandate".  I argued that my vaccination status shouldn't matter to them since I am full-time work-at-home and have been for many, many years ... but was required to provide it anyway.  Very disturbing.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online libertybele

My very large company required us to submit our vaccination status a couple of months ago. They claimed it was so they'll be able to activate/invalidate ID badges to allow or prevent entry into the offices based on whether you've been vaccinated and if not, whether you've done your required assessment before coming into the office, but I don't necessarily believe that it's not just step one toward this "mandate".  I argued that my vaccination status shouldn't matter to them since I am full-time work-at-home and have been for many, many years ... but was required to provide it anyway.  Very disturbing.

Ok, I'm clueless here ... after one is vaccinated do you get some sort of vaccine card? 

Your vaccination status shouldn't matter regardless.  I've only been asked by one person (my doctor) if I've been vaccinated; I'm still waiting for scheduling (over a month now).  I asked if the hold-up was because I wasn't vaccinated; he snickered and told me of course not as it was a personal choice.   

I'm waiting for the gauntlet to drop and doctors and all medical professionals refusing to treat patients based on their vaccination status -- perhaps that's already happening.  DeSantis is fighting, but he lost the school mandatory mask mandate battle (so far).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

My very large company required us to submit our vaccination status a couple of months ago. They claimed it was so they'll be able to activate/invalidate ID badges to allow or prevent entry into the offices based on whether you've been vaccinated and if not, whether you've done your required assessment before coming into the office, but I don't necessarily believe that it's not just step one toward this "mandate".

My employer sent out an 'anonymous' survey a few months back for the purpose of gauging the percentage of vaccinated employees.  Every month since then, I have received an email from them stating that I have been flagged as someone who did not identify as 'vaccinated' [sic], and asking if that status has changed.  It tells me that they cannot be trusted at all going forward.  From this point forward, I am not telling them anything.  Even if I get Covid, I won't report it to them.  It is none of their business.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I'm waiting for the gauntlet to drop and doctors and all medical professionals refusing to treat patients based on their vaccination status -- perhaps that's already happening.

It is.  A friend of mine recently lost her baby because of it.  She had a history of preeclampsia with her first child, and had reached the 20-week mark with her second.  She went to her ob/gyn to have her conditions monitored to make sure her baby would be born healthy.  But her ob/gyn demanded that she first get 'vaccinated' before he would provide care for her.  She pointed out to him that Pfizer's own website says that pregnant women should not take the jab.  He still refused to treat her.  A week later, the baby died.

She then went to a hospital to have her stillborn baby delivered.  The anesthesiologist refused treatment.  The hospital put her in a room, unsuccessfully tried to administer a 'vaccine', and then finally left her alone in the room with her husband until she delivered.

Afterward, she demanded an autopsy to determine the cause of death.  The hospital refused.  So she went to a state medical examiner and paid out of pocket for one.  The State notified the hospital that they would be coming by the next morning to collect the baby's corpse.  But later that same day, the hospital sent the baby to be cremated.  So the cause of death (most likely preeclampsia) cannot be confirmed.

Online Polly Ticks

Ok, I'm clueless here ... after one is vaccinated do you get some sort of vaccine card? 

Our vaccination status is tied to our ID badges, which also function as keycards to allow entry into the buildings and/or certain floors in the buildings.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Polly Ticks

My employer sent out an 'anonymous' survey a few months back for the purpose of gauging the percentage of vaccinated employees.  Every month since then, I have received an email from them stating that I have been flagged as someone who did not identify as 'vaccinated' [sic], and asking if that status has changed.  It tells me that they cannot be trusted at all going forward.  From this point forward, I am not telling them anything.  Even if I get Covid, I won't report it to them.  It is none of their business.

It's the Dilbert anonymous survey cartoon in real life.