Author Topic: All He Had Was a Handgun.. Clarice Feldman  (Read 158 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
All He Had Was a Handgun.. Clarice Feldman
« on: November 14, 2021, 02:45:41 pm »
November 14, 2021
All He Had Was a Handgun
By Clarice Feldman

In medieval days, before there were secular dramas, there were roving bands of semi-professional actors performing morality plays. The plays were often short and sometimes even farcical. Plots were designed to encourage moral choices or illustrate Biblical stories. The audience was a mostly illiterate populace who paid for the entertainment with small change.

Today, we have criminal trials as national entertainment. They usually take days and too often devolve into farce, as did the Kenosha trial of Kyle Rittenhouse, fumbled by the prosecutors (looking so much like Laurel and Hardy) trying the 17-year-old hero for shooting two felons to death and wounding a third man during a days’ long riot, arson and looting. The rioting predictably followed the mayor’s ordering a standdown of police and rescue teams and the governor’s failure to order in the state National Guard. It’s impossible to choose the worst of the bumbling questions Kyle was asked, but perhaps my favorite was this, respecting the shooting in the arm of a Craig Grosskreutz who held a gun to his head: “All he had was a handgun. why did you think that was a threat?” I take it the prosecutor John Binder never had a gun held to his head. Had I, I certainly would have considered it life-threatening.

I think Rittenhouse has a made out a strong self-defense case. The governor may think so, too, because he has deployed the National Guard on to Kenosha in anticipation of a verdict.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/11/all_he_had_was_a_handgun.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: All He Had Was a Handgun.. Clarice Feldman
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 02:51:36 pm »
Clarice Feldman is a National Treasure. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 09:30:56 pm »
 :pondering: So did John Wilkes Booth, Charles J. Guiteau, Leon Czolgosz,  Sirhan Sirhan, John Hinckley Jr., so what point is the idiot trying to make?

Is she really so ignorant that she is unware just how many people have been killed by "just a handgun"? What am I saying, she's a liberal so of course she's that ignorant!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 09:44:51 pm »
The prosecutor was flailing. Gee whiz, why would anybody possibly believe a handgun, used in the great percentage of homicides across the country, be considered a threat?
I'm sure he probably had to bite his tongue to keep from laughing when he asked Rittenhouse why he thought a thug with a loaded handgun might have been a threat to his life.
Nobody with half a brain could have seriously thought loaded handguns aren't dangerous. Binger knew that. He was desperate.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 10:25:24 pm »
So now that handguns are harmless, we can do away with all controls and regulations on them right?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 02:13:05 pm »
:pondering: So did John Wilkes Booth, Charles J. Guiteau, Leon Czolgosz,  Sirhan Sirhan, John Hinckley Jr., so what point is the idiot trying to make?

Is she really so ignorant that she is unware just how many people have been killed by "just a handgun"? What am I saying, she's a liberal so of course she's that ignorant!

About whom are you speaking?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 06:45:32 pm »
About whom are you speaking?
Sorry I didn't think it was leap, people that only had handguns yet were able to successfully assassinate or almost assassinate a president.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 06:46:17 pm »
Sorry I didn't think it was leap, people that only had handguns yet were able to successfully assassinate or almost assassinate a president.

Yes, but whom are you calling a liberal?  Clarice Feldman?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2021, 07:35:33 pm »
And all this guy had was some Italian surplus bolt-action rifle from the 1930s.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 07:37:17 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-