Author Topic: Congress approves alcohol monitors in ALL new cars to stop drunk driving in Biden's new $1.2T in inf  (Read 218 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Congress approves alcohol monitors in ALL new cars to stop drunk driving in Biden's new $1.2T in infrastructure package

The new infrastructure bill includes $17 billion for road safety programs
    Includes directing automakers to install monitoring systems to make sure drivers don't operate their vehicles while intoxicated
    Responsibility for their rollout would fall to the Secretary of Transportation
    Would mandate alcohol detection systems in all new cars by 2026 at the earliest

By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 16:21 EST, 9 November 2021 | Updated: 16:21 EST, 9 November 2021

Congress is requiring in its $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill that automakers install monitoring systems in their cars to stop drivers from operating their vehicles while intoxicated.

The bipartisan package, which is on its way to the president's desk after passing the House on Friday, allocates around $17 billion for the road safety programs.

Monitoring systems to stop drunk drivers would roll out in all new vehicles as early as 2026, according to the new legislation. First, however, the Transportation Department would have to assess what the best form of technology is and give automakers ample time to comply.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10183597/Congress-approves-infrastructure-bill-alcohol-monitors-new-cars-stop-drunk-driving.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is simply insane.
(nothing follows)

Online andy58-in-nh

If we could link lie detectors to the microphones of our Congress critters, damned few of them would pass the test.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If we could link lie detectors to the microphones of our Congress critters, damned few of them would pass the test.
Hell if we attached alcohol monitors to their microphones and voting switches requiring them to be sober to speak or vote it would be very very quiet in those chambers. What about all the states legalizing drugs, is Congress going to require some sort of testing device to prevent those impaired drivers from using their cars? And what happens when one of these devices decides to fail and strands someone in an unsafe area or prevents them from using their car in an emergency? More and more I am coming realize that the vast majority of our representative are either drunk or stoned almost all the time. Or in the case of Feinswein, Pelosi, Biden and too many others both drunk and suffering from dementia.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 01:34:30 am by GtHawk »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Good plan Joe that way all the illegals who drive will be stopped from driving drunk.  *****rollingeyes*****
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EdinVA

No new cars for me....

Online GtHawk

Good plan Joe that way all the illegals who drive will be stopped from driving drunk.  *****rollingeyes*****
No that would be racially insensitive.

Online GtHawk

No new cars for me....
Haven't had a remote possibility of a new car and the one I'm driving is sixteen years old so I until it dies not even a newer one.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Haven't had a remote possibility of a new car and the one I'm driving is sixteen years old so I until it dies not even a newer one.

Bought a new car 2 years ago ... hubby's truck is about 5 years old.  No new cars in our future either!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.