Author Topic: How did we get here? Can this mess be fixed?  (Read 104 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How did we get here? Can this mess be fixed?
« on: November 09, 2021, 04:51:10 pm »
November 9, 2021
By Mark Landsbaum

We have entered a dark age.  Truth, not always abundantly obvious, has been increasingly shrouded thanks to the growing cynicism and polarization of our day.  The condition is getting worse by the day.

What to believe?  Whom to believe?

An easier question used to be, "Does truth matter?"  Incredibly, our woke age today can't even answer that question truthfully.  Today's preference for relativism allows that one man's truth may not be another man's.  That premise assumes that reality isn't really real, but instead is shaped by interpretations filtered through personal passions and biases.

This results in such absurdities as "If you are white, you are racist," irrespective of evidence for or against the proposition.

Reflex has replaced reason in that way, but it's not the sole domain of the left.  Ironically, many on the right reflexively think it's strictly a failing of the left without noticing their own irony.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/11/how_did_we_get_here_can_this_mess_be_fixed.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: How did we get here? Can this mess be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 05:02:05 pm »

There is no short answer to the first part and it really doesn't matter now. We are here. The answer to the second part is no! At least not by any legal means.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 05:03:32 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 11:40:22 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"We are here. The answer to the second part is no! At least not by any legal means."

OK, that begs a question or two.
If "legal means" won't work, should "extra-legal means" then be applied?
Or... is this to be the end of it, Comrade Bigun...?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 11:45:30 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"We are here. The answer to the second part is no! At least not by any legal means."

OK, that begs a question or two.
If "legal means" won't work, should "extra-legal means" then be applied?
Or... is this to be the end of it, Comrade Bigun...?

That is a question remaining to be answered @Fishrrman and it will be answered by those much younger than me.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien