Author Topic: Biden speaks to CEOs about efforts to ease supply chain problems  (Read 272 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden speaks to CEOs about efforts to ease supply chain problems
« on: November 09, 2021, 09:59:15 pm »
Biden speaks to CEOs about efforts to ease supply chain problems
By Morgan Chalfant - 11/09/21 04:24 PM EST

President Biden on Tuesday spoke with the chief executives of four major retailers and shipping companies about efforts by the administration and private sector to ease supple chain disruptions.

Biden spoke with Walmart president and CEO Doug McMillon, UPS CEO Carol Tomé, FedEx chairman and CEO Frederick Smith and Target board chairman and CEO Brian Cornell, according to a White House official.

“During the conversations, President Biden received updates from these private sector leaders on the efforts they’re taking to speed up throughput in our entire goods movement supply chain and discussed how shelves will be well-stocked this holiday season thanks to the tireless efforts of their companies, as well as the ports and workers stretching from longshoremen to truck drivers, rail and warehouse workers, store clerks, and everyone in between,” the White House official said.

Biden also discussed the administration’s newly-announced “action plan” to ease bottlenecks at U.S. ports and funding included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill passed last week to improve transportation components of the domestic supply chain.

Walmart, Target, UPS and FedEx were among the companies that committed last month to expanding their operations in order to move goods faster as part of a broader effort by the White House to address global supply chain problems, which are a symptom of the coronavirus pandemic and have threatened holiday shopping season. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/580799-biden-speaks-to-ceos-about-efforts-to-ease-supply-chain-problems
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Biden speaks to CEOs about efforts to ease supply chain problems
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 10:02:07 pm »
No worries. Joe's going to 'negotiate' to ease problems.   *****rollingeyes*****
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 01:11:30 am »
A newly announced action plan,  I remember those from when I was managing, they were almost without fail a mass of word salad and bullsheiss designed to appease upper management while not actually leading to any real result.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 09:51:41 am »
POTUS FUBAR is out to destroy everything he touches.  I never knew a more clueless human being!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 11:47:56 pm »
What can Walmart and Target do?
For that matter, what can UPS and FedEx do, as well?

The problems with the supply chain seem to be concentrated on the west coast, particularly California.

And there, the problems are the result of poor governmental decisions by the state (banning non-California-compliant trucks, restrictions on drivers, etc.).

Any "solution" the administration proposes is either going to:
1. accomplish nothing (as GT says, just "word salads")
or
2. make matters worse.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 11:51:25 pm »
POTUS FUBAR is out to destroy everything he touches.  I never knew a more clueless human being!
The only thing Barry Obuttcrack ever got right - 'don't underestimate Joe's ability to (expletive) things up'

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 11:55:37 pm »

Clueless?  I see him as purposefully evil, or perhaps those pulling his strings as purposefully evil!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 12:00:37 am »
Mighty mega Joe is going to fix the transportation problems he and his globalist buddies created.  Just like mega mighty Joe, with mega dementia and (and Dr Mengele Fauci), created our Chinese flu with our treasury, and now Joe is fixing that malady with 'cures' more toxic and deadly than the disease.  Does anybody have a crystal ball or common sense to realize how this looks to turns out ?
How many dead will it take to get people to move past denial and needless deaths and destructions?
 :reaper: :reaper: :reaper:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 12:05:54 am »
Clueless?  I see him as purposefully evil, or perhaps those pulling his strings as purposefully evil!
I think a good illustration of whats happening is Biden's initial response to the report of paying illegals for child separations contrasted to his response the next day. He doesn't have a clue, but does as he's told.