Author Topic: Senate Democrats Beg Joe Biden to Lower Seven-Year High Gas Prices  (Read 210 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Democrats Beg Joe Biden to Lower Seven-Year High Gas Prices

Wendell Husebø 9 Nov 2021

Senate Democrats on Monday begged President Joe Biden to lower seven-year high gas prices by releasing emergency oil reserves.

With gas prices reaching prices triple the cost consumers paid in 2020, eight Democrat senators sent a letter to the White House to request the president to take action.

“In light of these pressing concerns, we ask that you consider all tools available at your disposal to lower US gasoline prices. This includes a release from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and a ban on crude oil exports,” senators wrote.

The letter was sent by eight Democrat senators: Bob Casey (D-PA), Patrick Leahy (D-VT), Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Ed Markey (D-MA), Tina Smith (D-MN), Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), and Sherrod Brown (D-OH).

“Continued US exports and overseas supply collusion could be devastating to many in our states,” the group continued. “In light of these pressing concerns, we ask that you consider all tools available at your disposal to lower U.S. gasoline prices. This includes a release from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and a ban on crude oil exports.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/11/09/senate-democrats-beg-joe-biden-to-lower-seven-year-high-gas-prices/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Senate Democrats Beg Joe Biden to Lower Seven-Year High Gas Prices
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 03:09:18 pm »
More political theater. They know damn well why gas prices are up and they couldn't care less. Otherwise they'd be asking Biden to restore x45's energy policies.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 03:09:47 pm »
release from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve

To my knowledge doing this has never ever reduced the price of gas at the pump. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 03:14:10 pm »
Didn't many States, such as California rush to raise their taxes on gasoline while the price was $1.699?

Noticed the other day in The Peoples Republic of Maryland that many intersections now include pavers inside the pedestrian right-of-way crosswalks.

Thought...what a load of crap.  Lower the taxes and use asphalt.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 03:17:48 pm »
More political theater. They know damn well why gas prices are up and they couldn't care less. Otherwise they'd be asking Biden to restore x45's energy policies.

:thumbsup:

Just like they'd reinstate Trump's immigration policies if they gave a damn about the invasion at our Southern border.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 03:33:33 pm »
Didn't many States, such as California rush to raise their taxes on gasoline while the price was $1.699?

Noticed the other day in The Peoples Republic of Maryland that many intersections now include pavers inside the pedestrian right-of-way crosswalks.

The gas prices in Kalifornia haven't been down to $1.699 since I was a young man and I'm old now.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 03:48:49 pm »

That would require more exploration, drilling, pipelines, refineries, and storage.  The can lodge their complaints with A.O.C.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 05:11:58 pm »

Unfortunately there is a surplus of democrat morons in California who vote to raise taxes for anything somehow believing(morons) that because they don't drive or own property it won't affect them. This last time it was the gas tax...for infrastructure don't ya know. The next time it will something that will be for the children....again. The only thing keeping me here is family, not that I want to leave my kids and grandkids but it would take a divorce before that happened!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 07:25:02 pm »
That would require more exploration, drilling, pipelines, refineries, and storage.  The can lodge their complaints with A.O.C.

It is true that those things you listed could help and that is why the Biden administration will never do them because Omar and AOC won’t allow it

But another thing that’s bringing up oil and gas prices is the declining value of the dollar.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2021, 12:38:06 am »
"Senate Democrats Beg Joe Biden to Lower Seven-Year High Gas Prices"

Here, joe. This will work.
Just walk out to the press conference and wave this around: