Author Topic: Ted Cruz Most Popular Politician in Texas, Outperforming Biden, Abbott, Cornyn  (Read 5361 times)

Offline libertybele

Yes, I know gang of eight.   Marco, McCain, Graham, Flake=all rino's.    I am talking about WHAT Ted Cruz did to BEN CARSON and Marco.  BEN CARSON TOO.  LIED about them dropping out of race, to stop people from voting for them. It was underhanded.  The underhanded part was Ted Cruz.  Most of you are just too emotional on here.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

Why do you do this?  AGITATE?     ****slapping

If I didn't Love you so much I'd have you on Ignore @LegalAmerican
   Your Cruz disinformation and hate is way beyond my dislike for Trump though.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

If I didn't Love you so much I'd have you on Ignore @LegalAmerican
   Your Cruz disinformation and hate is way beyond my dislike for Trump though.

...has become quite annoying and ridiculous.   888mouth

As for Trump, I still take issue with some things that he has done and certainly have questioned his possible motives.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

Trump/His base is still in control of the GOP, IMHO.  Until he decides wtf he is gonna do in 2024, besides raising money to pay off lawyer fees, we, as Conservatives are at the mercy of @HoustonSam and his GF.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
   Trump/His base is still in control of the GOP, IMHO.  Until he decides wtf he is gonna do in 2024, besides raising money to pay off lawyer fees, we, as Conservatives are at the mercy of @HoustonSam and his GF.

It was just one of those things.................
James 1:20

Offline corbe

She looks HOT.

Offline HoustonSam

She looks HOT.

Well you know how that hot/crazy matrix works...................

Offline corbe

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Half correct.  Ted is a fair weather friend. Ted, begged to talk at convention.  His speech was approved, then CHANGED IT. AND WENT ONTO A/F 1 .....WITH OBAMA.   He is a professional politician and snake in the grass.  Why would I trust him?
Best for the country was Ted Cruz?  BORN IN CANADA, HAD DUAL CITIZENSHIP.  Mom American and Dad CUBAN.
Not natural born in America.  I am not going to argue or fight with you. YOU THINK TED IS BEST FOR THIS COUNTRY? 
  www.magapill.com

When I saw you were going on the Cruz misinformation tour, I had to take a break from your "ignore" status, check, and alert everyone, that I have counted exactly 6 bald faced lies you have regurgitated about Ted Cruz on this thread.  It's this same kind of shit, I used to see at Free Republic from those nuts.  I seldom or hardly ever  use terminology like liar, but you take the cake.

Hate to tell you, but smearing the probably the most conservative person in DC makes you sound more like a participant of du..  So take you MAGA pill, and use it as a suppository.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The stupid is strong with her.  No denying it.
I wonder if she knows how much she has in common with those that wrote songs about Obama. Both are blind to a fact that no man is perfect or infallible, only one man ever walked on water and he we are waiting for him to return but his name wasn't Obamaramadingdong or Trump.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I still have reservations about Cruz.  I consider him to PROBABLY be the smartest man in the US Senate,and he is NOT a man you want to get into an argument with in public because chances are you are going to lose.

Still,there is something about him I just don't trust. I think there MAY be something in his background that someone else knows about that keeps him from being more ambitious. Otherwise,he would have ran for President long ago. After all,he  has the His-Panic last name that would lock that vote up for him,he is young enough and handsome enough to pull in the female vote,and he would destroy 99 percent of his opponents in debates.

Given all that,there MUST be some sort of personal reason he hasn't already stepped forward long ago.

Also,I honestly don't think he even wants to be President. Maybe it's because of my suspicions,and maybe it is as simple as he really doesn't want to be President?

IMNSHO,he would probably make a GREAT SC Justice,if someone could convince him to accept the nomination.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
SneakyPete wonders:
"I think there MAY be something in his background that someone else knows about that keeps him from being more ambitious. Otherwise,he would have ran for President long ago."

There certainly is.
He fails the "natural born citizenship" test.
For that reason, Ted Cruz (regardless of how successful he is in the Senate) will never be president.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
SneakyPete wonders:
"I think there MAY be something in his background that someone else knows about that keeps him from being more ambitious. Otherwise,he would have ran for President long ago."

There certainly is.
For that reason, Ted Cruz (regardless of how successful he is in the Senate) will never be president.

How many Rats have failed the test and still became Prez. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

I still have reservations about Cruz.  I consider him to PROBABLY be the smartest man in the US Senate,and he is NOT a man you want to get into an argument with in public because chances are you are going to lose.

Still,there is something about him I just don't trust. I think there MAY be something in his background that someone else knows about that keeps him from being more ambitious. Otherwise,he would have ran for President long ago. After all,he  has the His-Panic last name that would lock that vote up for him,he is young enough and handsome enough to pull in the female vote,and he would destroy 99 percent of his opponents in debates.

Given all that,there MUST be some sort of personal reason he hasn't already stepped forward long ago.

Also,I honestly don't think he even wants to be President. Maybe it's because of my suspicions,and maybe it is as simple as he really doesn't want to be President?

IMNSHO,he would probably make a GREAT SC Justice,if someone could convince him to accept the nomination.

I believe you are correct; at this point I don't think Cruz wants the presidency.  Why would he subject himself and his family (young daughters) to the mudslinging from the leftists and the continued attacks? 

I don't think he'll run and I look for him to step down pretty soon. He has voiced several times that he is in favor of term limits.  I think he'd make a great justice as well, but he's already declared that's not what he wants to do.

He'd make a great conservative talk show host...his podcast is #1.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wingnut wonders:
"How many Rats have failed the test and still became Prez"

The rules are different for them.
Haven't figured that out... YET....?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
SneakyPete wonders:

There certainly is.

@Fishrrman

I had no idea he wasn't born in the US.

Will this keep him off the Supreme court?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I think he'd make a great justice as well, but he's already declared that's not what he wants to do.

I was not aware of that.

Thanks!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
How many Rats have failed the test and still became Prez.
"Canadian"
Kamala -la la ola whatever her name is, is not a born American.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 01:01:47 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline HoustonSam

@Fishrrman

I had no idea he wasn't born in the US.

Will this keep him off the Supreme court?

Cruz was born in Alberta, Canada.  His mother was a US citizen (I don't know whether she's still alive so I speak in the past tense).  Despite arguments routinely made here, Cruz is a natural born US citizen and is fully eligible to be POTUS, as well as to fulfill any other Federal office.

A "natural born citizen" is someone who is a citizen at birth, and Cruz was; he has never been naturalized, because he didn't need to be.  He was also a Canadian citizen by virtue of being born in Canada; when he realized that he renounced Canadian citizenship.

I suspect there will now be an avalanche of postings arguing that Cruz is not a natural born citizen because he was not born on US soil.  Some of those arguments are based on careful study and reflection and commendable research, others are simply residual anger that Cruz had the temerity, the unmitigated gall, to be the last man standing against The Almighty Trump during the 2016 R primaries.  Some will argue that merely being born on US soil is also not enough to be a "natural born" citizen of the US, and that someone must be born both on US soil and of US citizen parents.  But none of those arguments are correct.

"Natural born" simply means a citizen at birth.  However that happens, whether someone is born on US soil or born of US citizen parents elsewhere, they are eligible to become POTUS.

If someone argues otherwise, they need to cite the specific articles of the Constitution, or of subsequent acts of Congress, which say so.  All the Constitution says is "natural born."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 01:36:31 am by HoustonSam »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Cruz was born in Alberta, Canada.  His mother was a US citizen (I don't know whether she's still alive so I speak in the past tense).  Despite arguments routinely made here, Cruz is a natural born US citizen and is fully eligible to be POTUS, as well as to fulfill any other Federal office.

A "natural born citizen" is someone who is a citizen at birth, and Cruz was; he has never been naturalized, because he didn't need to be.  He was also a Canadian citizen by virtue of being born in Canada; when he realized that he renounced Canadian citizenship.

I suspect there will now be an avalanche of postings arguing that Cruz is not a natural born citizen because he was not born on US soil.  Some of those arguments are based on careful study and reflection and commendable research, others are simply residual anger that Cruz had the temerity, the unmitigated gall, to be the last man standing against The Almighty Trump during the 2016 R primaries.  Some will argue that merely being born on US soil is also not enough to be a "natural born" citizen of the US, and that someone must be born both on US soil and of US citizen parents.  But none of those arguments are correct.

"Natural born" simply means a citizen at birth.  However that happens, whether someone is born on US soil or born of US citizen parents elsewhere, they are eligible to become POTUS.

If someone argues otherwise, they need to cite the specific articles of the Constitution, or of subsequent acts of Congress, which say so.  All the Constitution says is "natural born."

You have been shown your error multiple times here @HoustonSam  so I'm not going to repeat it again.

Ted Cruz is NOT a "natural born citizen" as that term was commonly understood by the writers of the constitution.

http://www.kerchner.com/protectourliberty/goatsledge/20081212%20Law%20of%20Nations.pdf
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You have been shown your error multiple times here @HoustonSam  so I'm not going to repeat it again.

Ted Cruz is NOT a "natural born citizen" as that term was commonly understood by the writers of the constitution.

http://www.kerchner.com/protectourliberty/goatsledge/20081212%20Law%20of%20Nations.pdf

@Bigun   @HoustonSam

Ok,so what are the legal requirements TODAY? I would like to hear from both of you on this.

Offline HoustonSam

And I have shown you the actual law known by the framers multiple times @Bigun, defining clearly that "natural born" included children born to citizens outside sovereign territory : http://www.uniset.ca/naty/BNA1730.htm.

This was the actual law, not a commentary, in which they were educated and under which many of them practiced as attorneys.

If you have a reference to a legal document, not a commentary, in which the framers themselves, not a scholar, re-defined "natural born", please cite it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun   @HoustonSam

Ok,so what are the legal requirements TODAY? I would like to hear from both of you on this.

@sneakypete

SCOTUS steadfastly refused to hear any of the challenges to Obama's eligibility, but one should note that SCOTUS has never applied the term "natural born citizen" to any other category than “those born in the country of parents who are citizens thereof”

The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 253 (1814)

The natives or indigenes are those born in the country of parents who are citizens.

Minor v. Happersett , 88 U.S. 162 (1875)

At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives or natural-born citizens,

United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898)

(A)ll children, born in a country of parents who were its citizens, became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And I have shown you the actual law known by the framers multiple times @Bigun, defining clearly that "natural born" included children born to citizens outside sovereign territory : http://www.uniset.ca/naty/BNA1730.htm.

This was the actual law, not a commentary, in which they were educated and under which many of them practiced as attorneys.

If you have a reference to a legal document, not a commentary, in which the framers themselves, not a scholar, re-defined "natural born", please cite it.

And I have shown you that the law you cite has no application in the United States of America where there is no King and thus no lines of asencion. A FACT well known to the framers who were universally familiar with Vettel and referred to it repeatedly.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 04:17:33 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

@Bigun   @HoustonSam

Today someone is considered a natural born citizen if they are born within the United States, including territories, or if they are born to one US citizen parent anywhere.  The first condition does not apply to people born within the United States whose parents are diplomats of a foreign country hence not subject to US jurisdiction.

The only way someone can become a US citizen other than by birth is to be naturalized - by taking the citizenship test and the oath of citizenship.  Basically "natural born" means "not naturalized."  If you are a US citizen, and you were never naturalized, then you are a "natural born" US citizen.  These are the only two possibilities, there are no others.

Any US citizen who was never naturalized, and who has lived within the US for at least fourteen years, meets the citizenship requirement to serve as POTUS.