Author Topic: After victory, Biden seeks political rebound  (Read 476 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
After victory, Biden seeks political rebound
« on: November 06, 2021, 09:20:10 pm »
After victory, Biden seeks political rebound
By Amie Parnes and Morgan Chalfant - 11/06/21 05:00 PM EDT

President Biden is hoping to rebound from a challenging few months that saw the American public turn negative on his presidency by building momentum on the House passage on Friday of a bipartisan infrastructure bill.

The White House and its allies see the pathway to a political recovery through passing his sweeping domestic policy agenda and helping the country turn a corner on a pandemic that has exhausted and ravaged the nation.

Part one came in Friday's vote, when the House passed the long-stalled bipartisan infrastructure bill, paving the way for billions to be spent on projects around the country.

The House also set up part two, it hopes, by approving the rule that sets up debate on the larger social spending and climate change bill, which it hopes to approve the week of Nov. 15. 

Democrats, however, say the political rebound depends on more than just passing bills. They argue that it is critical for Biden and his allies to better communicate to the public how the measures help the middle class.

Quickly and effectively implementing the measures will be key as well, Democrats say, in addition to addressing voters’ concerns about inflation and other frustrations.

“There’s a lesson from the 2010 midterm elections. Democrats were in the majority and passed TARP, a major stimulus bill, the affordable care act and a blizzard of bills,” former Rep. Steve Israel said. “The problem was that people didn’t see and feel the results until after the midterm election where they were routed. So the imperative for Democrats is get stuff passed, fast-track implementation and show tangible results in alleviating people’s anxieties.”

Biden reveled in the victory on Saturday, making it clear he saw an opportunity to turn his fortunes around following a week that began badly, with Democrats losing a gubernatorial contest in Virginia and just winning the state mansion in New Jersey.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/580346-biden-seeks-rebound-from-bad-political-run
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: After victory, Biden seeks political rebound
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 09:22:59 pm »
I don't see how his polls change...people vote with their pocketbook...inflation is here to stay awhile..with prices rising on all consumer goods.

Just wait until the BBB comes up for discussion and the people see all the pork in it... :whistle:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 09:30:06 pm »
The DCP has to lie about how the infrastructure law helps the middle class because it doesn't help anyone. They also have to lie about BBB bill.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 10:23:31 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 09:50:20 pm »
I don't see how his polls change...people vote with their pocketbook...inflation is here to stay awhile..with prices rising on all consumer goods.

Just wait until the BBB comes up for discussion and the people see all the pork in it... :whistle:

Politics like in many sports is an exercise in momentum.  Today's so called GOP gifted Biden legislative victory broke a free fall projection.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 09:54:36 pm »
The DCP has to le about how the infrastructure law helps the middle class because it doesn't help anyone. They also have to lie about BBB bill.

And the way I see it, if this so called Infrastructure Bill which addresses only 10% infrastructure can dupe the naive GOP........

What's to stop the BBB?

Plus, at the 11th hour last night, it was reported that Pelosi brokered some back room deal between progressives and moderates, that would allow them to win a straight up vote.  Don't forget they can win this thing without a single GOP vote like Obamacare.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 10:05:32 pm »
Feel the JOEMENTUM surging throughout the land.  These are the days.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 10:17:12 pm »
The same who mindlessly bought into the lies that were Obamacare, will react the same as they are going to do with the infrastructure bill. Many have died from Obamacare and lost their homes from 'free' medicine, The horror and consequences of accepting being a blind ignorant fools of the issues willing to believe lies that are vended.  Democrats parade around the proudest when they screw to public the worst! 71% of the public angry and upset of Bidens agendas and Biden and the democrats just doubled down to make things even worse.  Republican whores should not be able to even get an election win as dog catchers.
 :smokin: :chairbang: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 10:24:04 pm »
And the way I see it, if this so called Infrastructure Bill which addresses only 10% infrastructure can dupe the naive GOP........

What's to stop the BBB?

Plus, at the 11th hour last night, it was reported that Pelosi brokered some back room deal between progressives and moderates, that would allow them to win a straight up vote.  Don't forget they can win this thing without a single GOP vote like Obamacare.

The BBB will have a hard time passing in the Senate...mind you I am not getting my hopes up... :shrug:

Democrat Senator: "Everyone needs to get comfortable" that BBB will not pass in Senate
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,453120.0.html
Support the USO

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 10:31:19 pm »
The BBB will have a hard time passing in the Senate...mind you I am not getting my hopes up... :shrug:

Democrat Senator: "Everyone needs to get comfortable" that BBB will not pass in Senate
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,453120.0.html
Unfortunately the only thing holding up BBB in the senate is 2 DCP disciples.  They can easily be replaced by 2 traitorous RINOs. It didn't take the DCP much to turn 13 RINOs in the house to pass what some RINOs in the senate already passed.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 10:49:38 pm »
Politics like in many sports is an exercise in momentum.  Today's so called GOP gifted Biden legislative victory broke a free fall projection.

He’ll get a small bump in the polls. But now, the Democrats can say the bill was bipartisan

The GOP is like a guy looking down his barrel to see if his gun is loaded
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2021, 11:04:39 pm »
Nothing is going to save Biden.

He's an in your face fool with only the most extreme partisan unable to see it.

The money they're spending is all printed and will further inflate things. In addition only the government connected will benefit from the spending while everyone else sinks further.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2021, 11:26:47 pm »
Does anyone know what's in this bill?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2021, 11:45:24 pm »
Joe needs a victory.  Besides making it to the head without shitting his pants.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2021, 11:48:03 pm »
Nothing is going to save Biden.

It looks like congressional Republicans are trying
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2021, 11:58:17 pm »
Joe needs a victory.  Besides making it to the head without shitting his pants.

From what I’ve been able to read, allegedly he couldn’t even do that

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2021, 12:27:01 am »
   The inflation we are seeing NOW is the result of Trump spendind $7.5T in 4 years.  We haven't even seen the effects of bidet's spending, YET!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2021, 12:44:51 am »
   The inflation we are seeing NOW is the result of Trump spendind $7.5T in 4 years.  We haven't even seen the effects of bidet's spending, YET!

@corbe
Yup

Last year, when Covid first started and all that money was being handed out to businesses and individuals, folks  I knew asked where is the government getting this money? I reassured them that they will be paying for it the following year through inflation

Biden is getting blamed for the inflation now because he happens to be president. And it doesn’t help that his administration seems to be dismissive of it

In fact, the fiscal situation Trump left us in is much worse than any of his tweeting. At least some of his tweets were kind of funny. This is going to have an impact for a long time

The worse is yet to come. And it doesn’t help when too many Republicans want to spend just as eagerly and without any regard as the Democrats
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 12:59:03 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2021, 12:55:27 am »
Democrat Scheme to Offshore American Jobs Rubber-Stamped by 32 Republicans

A group of 32 House and Senate Republicans have rubber-stamped provisions in Democrats and President Joe Biden’s infrastructure bill that provide giant carve-outs for industries to outsource and offshore American jobs.

The 13 House Republicans who voted for the bill include:

John Katko (R-NY)
    Don Bacon (R-NE)
    Jeff Van Drew (D-NJ)
    Fred Upton (R-MI)
    Adam Kinzinger (R-IL)
    Don Young (R-AK)
    Tom Reed (R-NY)
    Chris Smith (R-NJ)
    Andrew Garbarino (R-NY)
    Nicole Malliotakis (R-NY)
    Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA)
    Anthony Gonzalez (R-OH)
    David McKinley (R-WV)

The 19 Senate Republicans who voted for the bill include:

Dan Sullivan (R-AK)
    Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV)
    Mike Crapo (R-ID)
    Roy Blunt (R-MO)
    Richard Burr (R-NC)
    Deb Fischer (R-NE)
    Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
    Rob Portman (R-OH)
    Thom Tillis (R-NC)
    Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
    Jim Risch (R-ID)
    Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
    Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
    Kevin Cramer (R-ND)
    Roger Wicker (R-MS)
    Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
    John Hoeven (R-ND)
    Susan Collins (R-ME)
    Mitt Romney (R-UT)

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/06/democrat-scheme-to-offshore-american-jobs-rubber-stamped-by-32-republicans/
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2021, 01:39:13 am »
Democrat Scheme to Offshore American Jobs Rubber-Stamped by 32 Republicans

A group of 32 House and Senate Republicans have rubber-stamped provisions in Democrats and President Joe Biden’s infrastructure bill that provide giant carve-outs for industries to outsource and offshore American jobs.

The 13 House Republicans who voted for the bill include:

John Katko (R-NY)
    Don Bacon (R-NE)
    Jeff Van Drew (D-NJ)
    Fred Upton (R-MI)
    Adam Kinzinger (R-IL)
    Don Young (R-AK)
    Tom Reed (R-NY)
    Chris Smith (R-NJ)
    Andrew Garbarino (R-NY)
    Nicole Malliotakis (R-NY)
    Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA)
    Anthony Gonzalez (R-OH)
    David McKinley (R-WV)

The 19 Senate Republicans who voted for the bill include:

Dan Sullivan (R-AK)
    Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV)
    Mike Crapo (R-ID)
    Roy Blunt (R-MO)
    Richard Burr (R-NC)
    Deb Fischer (R-NE)
    Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
    Rob Portman (R-OH)
    Thom Tillis (R-NC)
    Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
    Jim Risch (R-ID)
    Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
    Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
    Kevin Cramer (R-ND)
    Roger Wicker (R-MS)
    Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
    John Hoeven (R-ND)
    Susan Collins (R-ME)
    Mitt Romney (R-UT)

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/06/democrat-scheme-to-offshore-american-jobs-rubber-stamped-by-32-republicans/

The GOP is dead. I am not surprised in the least by the GOP Senators that voted for this. They just buried our country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2021, 02:02:57 am »

It's always the Usual Suspects
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2021, 09:47:00 am »

And where it all goes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2021, 03:23:12 pm »

Yes, that is true. You can't devalue your currency and not expect prices to rise as a result. Something the leverage king never had to concern himself with.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2021, 06:23:06 pm »
Yes, that is true. You can't devalue your currency and not expect prices to rise as a result. Something the leverage king never had to concern himself with.

Now picture a year or so from now when the spending and printing that has taken place during Biden‘s presidency combined with his administration’s pursuit of a green economy

Despite some of the claims made from him and his administration, none of his agenda will tame inflation.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2021, 08:37:40 pm »
Now picture a year or so from now when the spending and printing that has taken place during Biden‘s presidency combined with his administration’s pursuit of a green economy

Despite some of the claims made from him and his administration, none of his agenda will tame inflation.
Traitor Joe is causing extreme inflation NOW!