Author Topic: Democrats strike deal, clearing the way for votes  (Read 340 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats strike deal, clearing the way for votes
« on: November 06, 2021, 01:48:13 am »
Democrats strike deal, clearing the way for votes

9:20 p.m.

Warring progressive and moderate House Democrats agreed to a cease fire on Friday night, clearing the way for votes on key pieces of President Biden’s stalled domestic agenda after a day of chaos and confusion on Capitol Hill.

The 11th-hour deal between the Progressive Caucus, moderate Blue Dog Democrats and Congressional Black Caucus would allow the House to pass the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package and send it to Biden’s desk, as well as pass a rule setting up a future vote on Biden’s $1.75 trillion social and climate spending package. 

The three-way agreement calls for a written commitment that moderates will vote for Biden’s $1.75 trillion social and climate spending package if the Congressional Budget Office score of the bill is in line with White House estimates. The statement would be backed by Biden.

— Mike Lillis, Aris Folley, Cristina Marcos and Scott Wong

Biden making calls as lawmakers work toward vote

9:24 p.m.

President Biden, Vice President Harris and top staffers were huddled in the White House Friday evening making calls to House members as lawmakers sorted through a path forward on his agenda.

“The President is in the residence with his policy and legislative teams making calls and staying in close touch with leadership and members,” a White House official said.

The president postponed plans to travel to Rehoboth for the weekend.

— Morgan Chalfant

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/580214-live-coverage-house-moves-to-pass-biden-agenda
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Democrats strike deal, clearing the way for votes
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 02:13:09 am »
President Biden, Vice President Harris and top staffers were huddled in the White House Friday evening making calls to House members as lawmakers sorted through a path forward on his agenda.

“The President is in the residence with his policy and legislative teams making calls and staying in close touch with leadership and members,” a White House official said.

The president postponed plans to travel to Rehoboth for the weekend.

lol, they are trying to portray Biden as some type of leader.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 02:18:27 am »
lol, they are trying to portray Biden as some type of leader.

He is truly the idiot in Chief; or perhaps just the chief idiot.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 03:29:40 am »
Bill passes, including votes from 13 traiterous bastard republicans...

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 03:56:32 am »
$1.2 trillion slush fund to help Democrats keep control of the House and Senate in next year's election.  Republicans are idiots.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 04:04:25 am »
Here are the 13 traitors-  Without these 13,the bill would have failed.

Jefferson VanDrew- NJ-2.

John Katko NY-24

Don Bacon NE-2

Don Young- Alaska

Fred Upton MI-6

Adam Kinzinger IL-16

Chris Smith NJ-4

Brian Fitzpatrick PA-1

Tom Reed NY-23

Andrew Garbarino NY-2

Anthony Gonzalez OH-16

David McKinley WV-1

Nicole Malliotakis NY-11
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 04:10:21 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 04:11:52 am »
One each from Alaska, Nebraska, and West Virginia.  The rest, Yankees.  NY, NJ, PA, MI, IL

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 04:45:34 am »
One each from Alaska, Nebraska, and West Virginia.  The rest, Yankees.  NY, NJ, PA, MI, IL
I hate to remind you, but West Virginia is the chunk of Virginia the Carpetbaggers couldn't wait for. It's officially Yankee, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 05:13:11 am »
I hate to remind you, but West Virginia is the chunk of Virginia the Carpetbaggers couldn't wait for. It's officially Yankee, too.

I was trying to be kind to @mountaineer .

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2021, 04:07:43 am »
Numbnut Kinzinger is not running again.  He got gerrymandered by his Democommie friends.  But the rest, they should be primaried with the next election, and all sent packing.  Not a one of them worth a good BM!!!!!!!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2021, 09:42:01 am »
I was trying to be kind to @mountaineer .
I seriously doubt she was around for all that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis