Author Topic: Economy beats expectations with 531,000 jobs in October, unemployment declines to 4.6%  (Read 405 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Economy beats expectations with 531,000 jobs in October, unemployment declines to 4.6%
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
 | November 05, 2021 08:30 AM

The economy added 531,000 new jobs in October, more than expected.

The unemployment rate decreased to 4.6%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday. The new rate marks the lowest level since March of last year, right as the pandemic began to take hold and restrictions went into effect.

Friday's report also showed that the previous two months' jobs growth was not as bad as previously thought, revising up the combined estimated gains by 235,000.

In October, the economy saw notable job gains in leisure and hospitality, in professional and business services, in manufacturing, and in transportation and warehousing, according to the bureau.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/economy-beats-expectations-october
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Happy days are here again thanks to Lunch Bucket Joe from Scranton.

Offline skeeter

I suppose this is good news. I wonder how much of this is the typical seasonal spike for the holidays.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Reslience of Americans despite the mass ineptitude of Pedo Joe.   Problem is....  at some point you get fatigued fighting 50 mph headwinds.
Can we hold out until the midterms, 2024?  I have might doubts.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline EdinVA

None of the BS this administration has spread has been true, why believe this?

Offline skeeter

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1456637465033334790
This guy has been so full of sh*t for so long its hard to look at him. Especially when he dons his I'm-with-you-folks 'lunchbox Joe' face.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 03:17:19 pm by skeeter »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 100,450,000: More Than 100 Million Not in Labor Force for 14th Straight Month; No Job, Not Looking
By Susan Jones | November 5, 2021 | 7:19am EDT

(CNSNews.com) - The Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics announced on Friday that 100,450,000 people in this country were not in the labor force in October, up 38,000 from the 100,412,000 in September.

This is the 14th straight month that this "not in the labor force" number has remained above 100,000,000.

Persons who are neither employed nor unemployed are not in the labor force. This category includes retired persons, students, those taking care of children or other family members, and others who are neither working nor seeking work.

Among those not in the labor force in October, 1.3 million persons said they were prevented from looking for work due to the pandemic. This measure is down from 1.6 million in September.

The number of people not in the labor force reached a record high of 103,418,000 in April 2020, as the pandemic took hold; and the highest it's been under President Joe Biden is 100,708,000 this past February.

more
https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/100450000-more-100-million-not-labor-force-14th-straight-month-no-job
Support the USO

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1456637465033334790
Job creation my this is what happens when inflated unemployment benefits run out and lazy leaches are forced to go back to their jobs. Let's wait and see the spin when all those who have refused to comply with Der Fuhrers vaccination mandate are applying for unemployment.

Offline Hoodat

ABC News Politics
@ABCPolitics
Pres. Biden: "The job creation in the first full nine months in my administration is about 5.6 million new jobs—a record for any new president."

If you take omit new government workers, then Biden's number falls below Trump's.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I suppose this is good news. I wonder how much of this is the typical seasonal spike for the holidays.

Or the money from all the bennies just finally ran out.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 12:12:40 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

This is actually good news for now.

Of course, the problem is going to be if the OSHA vaccine mandate is allowed to stand and goes into affect. We have lost a lot of staff at the hospital I work for because they’ve mandated the jab.

Another problem any wage gains are quickly eaten up by inflation
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
This is actually good news for now.

Of course, the problem is going to be if the OSHA vaccine mandate is allowed to stand and goes into affect. We have lost a lot of staff at the hospital I work for because they’ve mandated the jab.

Another problem any wage gains are quickly eaten up by inflation

I understand there actually was a reduction in jobs growth in the manufacturing and service sectors.  This increase was biased by significant increases in governmental employees rolls.
Which is essence is BAD news on all fronts.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 01:31:19 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

I understand there actually was a reduction in jobs growth in the manufacturing and service sectors.  This increase was biased by significant increases in governmental employees rolls.
Which is essence is BAD news on all fronts.

They need those increased government employees to go after parents
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy