Author Topic: Skunk City: Has Los Angeles Lost It?  (Read 441 times)

rangerrebew

Skunk City: Has Los Angeles Lost It?
« on: October 28, 2021, 04:48:45 pm »
 Skunk City: Has Los Angeles Lost It?
A nightmare from hell return at LAX.
by Ben Stein
September 21, 2021, 10:06 PM

A staggering day. Just stunning. I have been at my co-op at the Watergate for a few days. It’s an apartment that no one deserves. How I have it, I do not recall, but I have it.

It’s peaceful and civilized there. The staff is highly ethnically mixed: mostly African American but some whites and Hispanics. Everyone gets along well and even cheerfully. There’s no racial tension in the air AT ALL.

I read Life and Fate, the terrifying book about life and death around 1935 to 1950 in totalitarian Europe by Vassily Grossman. Then we all packed and got ready to go to the airport.

When it came time to pay for my rental car, I could scarcely believe my eyes. For less than a 96-hour period, for a modest car, the tab was almost exactly $1,000. And it took my loyal helper, Bob Noah, more than two hours of waiting to get that. Inflation, always a barometer of social collapse, is warning us.

https://spectator.org/skunk-city-has-los-angeles-lost-it/

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Skunk City: Has Los Angeles Lost It?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 05:08:44 pm »
Not just LA.  It's coast to coast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Gd25hJRRI

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 05:28:23 pm »
And the men do nothing.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 05:54:27 pm »
And the men do nothing.

This is the tragic result of an emasculated society.  Not a single person on that subway did so much as offer the woman a seat.  They just looked away in shame, and rightly so.  And they should be ashamed;  ashamed of what they are, and ashamed of the so-called unserious leaders they vote for.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 06:08:45 pm »
From the story:

It was a scene out of hell. But this is what modern America is like at LAX. Chaos. Marijuana. No police. Violence. Dante’s Inferno. And when I go to Spokane, it’s paradise. In DC, it’s calm. Even very calm. In Sandpoint, it’s heaven. But ten years ago, even three years ago, it was fairly peaceful and calm at LAX.

The tide is running against us — even terrifyingly against us. And there are people who say the police are the problem. This is CRAZY. The police are our friends, our allies, our saviors.

And friends, unless you absolutely have to, stay well away from LAX. It’s hell on wheels. Heading right for you.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 06:38:37 pm »
LAX is infamously mismangled, stuck in the 1960s (access and capacity), pretty much a horror from approaching it on the freeway through boarding one's plane. If one has to go to the Land of LA, use Orange County or Burbank. Or fly into San Diego and drive a couple hours north.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 10:48:04 pm »
Selected excerpts from Mr. Stein's source article:
---
"As my little crew stood on the sidewalk looking for my pal, Judah, a thick knot of African Americans started shouting at each other. Then, they started punching each other, knocking each other to the pavement, then hitting their heads against the concrete. Someone took out a baseball bat and started swinging it. Then one of his opponents did the same."
---
"We crossed the street into the parking structure and got into Judah’s sturdy, I would even say “fabulous,” Mazda 626. Then we exited the scene as fast as we could. All around were traffic jams, knots of angry people, often non-white, shouting at each other, jostling each other, cutting off each other in their cars.
It was a scene out of hell. But this is what modern America is like at LAX. Chaos. Marijuana. No police. Violence. Dante’s Inferno."

---
"America is still the greatest place on the planet, the greatest place in human history. But the cancer is spreading. Two hundred thousand every few days from jungles and swamps, welcomed in by a President who is clueless or actually seditious."

Fishrrman:
Sounds like Mr. Stein could have been writing for American Renaissance.
Has he recently developed a racially realistic consciousness...?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 05:53:25 am »
LAX is infamously mismangled, stuck in the 1960s (access and capacity), pretty much a horror from approaching it on the freeway through boarding one's plane. If one has to go to the Land of LA, use Orange County or Burbank. Or fly into San Diego and drive a couple hours north.
John Wayne is pretty good and Long Beach too, l happen to be in the flight path for Long Beach and they seem fairly busy for a smaller airport. I haven't been to LAX in decades.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 04:39:56 pm »
John Wayne is pretty good and Long Beach too, l happen to be in the flight path for Long Beach and they seem fairly busy for a smaller airport. I haven't been to LAX in decades.

I flew into John Wayne (= Orange County) several times in the late 90s, and a decade or so with family (to visit the Mouse-in-Chief). It is quite nice, and freeway access doesn't suck. My son does a fair amount of business travel and avoids LAX when possible. I forgot about Long Beach. I know that Tim Conway Jr. mentions Burbank with some frequency - I think he flies into Portland somewhat often.

I used to fly into San Diego (Lindbergh), and my son uses it frequently, since he lives nearby.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.