Author Topic: Republican Truck Driver Beats New Jersey’s ‘Most Powerful’ Democrat Lawmaker After Only Spending A F  (Read 227 times)

rangerrebew

Republican Truck Driver Beats New Jersey’s ‘Most Powerful’ Democrat Lawmaker After Only Spending A Few Thousand Dollars
By  Ryan Saavedra

Nov 4, 2021   DailyWire.com

New Jersey State Senate President Stephen Sweeney officially lost re-election on Thursday to newcomer Edward Durr, a Republican truck driver, who spent only a couple thousand dollars on his campaign.

Politico, which referred to Sweeney as “New Jersey’s most powerful lawmaker,” said that Durr’s upset win dealt a “severe blow to Democrats” as Sweeney was “their most effective political machine.”

Durr defeated Sweeney after “spending $2,300, according to an Election Law Enforcement Commission document filed online on Thursday,” the Associated Press reported. Politico noted that just four years ago, “the New Jersey Education Association, the state’s largest teachers union, spent about $5.4 million on a 2017 effort to unseat Sweeney, yet he still won by 18 points.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/republican-truck-driver-beats-new-jerseys-most-powerful-democrat-lawmaker-after-only-spending-a-few-thousand-dollars?utm_campaign=dw_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=housefile&utm_content=non_member

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Durr defeated Sweeney after “spending $2,300

Let that sink in for a moment. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline MikePence

People were angry over the lockdowns. You could not get into the DMV. We still can't just walk into the DMV. You couldn't get through to unemployment people lost jobs. Their kids lost a year of school. The Democrats didn't care. People all over the state were red-pilled.
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline EdinVA

This is the story that should be in history books...

Online Kamaji

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's something truly special,I don't care who you are!

It would be something special even if it were a Dim that beat a senior Republican and only spent a couple of grand on the campaign. In this case,it would be election fraud.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Let that sink in for a moment.
I did.

It sounds like Sweeney defeated Sweeney, and Durr stepped in to clean up. Good for him!

A clear alternative to the present insanity, presented without guile, is a winning ticket.

Enough soft-handed manicured suit mannequins telling us how much they are for the "working man".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis