Author Topic: Buttigieg: We’d Be ‘Closer to’ Wealthy Paying Fair Share with 50% Top Tax Rate  (Read 144 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg: We’d Be ‘Closer to’ Wealthy Paying Fair Share with 50% Top Tax Rate

Ian Hanchett 6 Nov 2021

On Saturday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Cavuto Live,” Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said that top income earners would be paying “closer to” their fair share of taxes if their tax rate is raised to 50%.

Host Neil Cavuto asked, [relevant remarks begin around 8:50] “What is your definition of fair share, at 50%, are they paying their fair share?”

Buttigieg responded, “Yes, or closer to it anyway. I mean, look, we’re talking about folks who are doing great, who will still be doing great under this tax provision, who are benefiting from an explosion in income and wealth inequality in this country. I mean, if you look at the ratio between what a CEO makes and what an ordinary worker makes, compared to what it was, let’s say during the Reagan administration, I mean, that gap has exploded and I don’t think it’s because there’s a gap in productivity. I think it’s got a lot to do with policy and politics.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/11/06/buttigieg-wed-be-closer-to-wealthy-paying-fair-share-with-50-top-tax-rate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

So paying more of your income in taxes than you get to keep is fair? Maybe these politicians need to have their pay cut in half. That sounds fair to me.

Offline mountaineer

This is what transportation secretaries who don't know anything about transportation weigh in on.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

A "fair share" is a flat tax--applicable to everyone.

A 50% tax just on the wealthy is a punishment for being rich.

Offline LegalAmerican

A "fair share" is a flat tax--applicable to everyone.

A 50% tax just on the wealthy is a punishment for being rich.

So sick of this fair share baloney!  Almost 50% of people PAY NO TAXES AT ALL!  They do receive back about 10,000 using E.I.C. and child credit. More depending how many children.  ILLEGALS claim this money and can go BACK 3 years and collect 30,000 more, with never paying one cent into 1040 INCOME TAX. 

The 'wealthy' are the ONLY ONES PAYING ANY TAXES! 

I don't know, if they did away with AMT, for the wealthy. ALTERNATIVE MINIMUM TAX, in case some income from wealthy was not taxed enough.  They are taxed TWICE. 

If the wealthy are business owners, they PAY FOR HALF OF OUR SS RETIREMENT.  They MATCH that FICA TAX. Then, pay all of UNEMPLOYMENT for employees,  state and federal funds.  No one receives anything from 'government'.  Government  make's no income.  Business owners also pay for COMPENSATION if you get hurt on the job. 

It is like talking to a brick wall, with any DEMON-RAT.  The wealthy provide jobs for the people.  NO ONE IN CONGRESS SHOULD GET ANY PAY! Most are millionaires.  Let's see how many stick around for that.  Actually work for the people?  What a novel idea. 

Offline Killer Clouds

So sick of this fair share baloney!  Almost 50% of people PAY NO TAXES AT ALL!  They do receive back about 10,000 using E.I.C. and child credit. More depending how many children.  ILLEGALS claim this money and can go BACK 3 years and collect 30,000 more, with never paying one cent into 1040 INCOME TAX. 

The 'wealthy' are the ONLY ONES PAYING ANY TAXES! 

I don't know, if they did away with AMT, for the wealthy. ALTERNATIVE MINIMUM TAX, in case some income from wealthy was not taxed enough.  They are taxed TWICE. 

If the wealthy are business owners, they PAY FOR HALF OF OUR SS RETIREMENT.  They MATCH that FICA TAX. Then, pay all of UNEMPLOYMENT for employees,  state and federal funds.  No one receives anything from 'government'.  Government  make's no income.  Business owners also pay for COMPENSATION if you get hurt on the job. 

It is like talking to a brick wall, with any DEMON-RAT.  The wealthy provide jobs for the people.  NO ONE IN CONGRESS SHOULD GET ANY PAY! Most are millionaires.  Let's see how many stick around for that.  Actually work for the people?  What a novel idea.

DCP disciples have no idea how business works. They've never had to know.