Author Topic: Biden: Migrant families separated under Trump 'deserve' compensation  (Read 172 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: Migrant families separated under Trump 'deserve' compensation
By Brett Samuels - 11/06/21 10:41 AM EDT

President Biden on Saturday forcefully supported the idea to compensate migrant families separated under the Trump administration's zero-tolerance immigration policy, clarifying that his issue days earlier was with the dollar amount that had been reported.

"Now here’s the thing. If in fact, because of the outrageous behavior of the last administration, you coming across the border, whether it was legal or illegal, and you lost your child," Biden said, wagging a finger and raising his voice. "You lost your child. It’s gone. You deserve some kind of compensation, no matter what the circumstance. What that will be, I have no idea."

Biden's impassioned comments came during a press conference on the passage of a $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill. He was questioned about his remarks earlier in the week when he was asked about reports that his administration was preparing to pay separated families up to $450,000 per individual, which Biden said was "not gonna happen."
ADVERTISEMENT

The president on Saturday said he was specifically referring to the dollar amount that had been reported, not the concept of compensating separated families entirely.

The payments would come as part of settlements with separated families who are suing the government over treatment during the Trump era. Under the zero-tolerance policy, thousands of children were separated from their parents and placed in shelters while the adults were prosecuted.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/580384-biden-migrant-families-separated-under-trump-deserve-some-kind-of
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Biden: Migrant families separated under Trump 'deserve' compensation
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 03:05:07 pm »
The left stands for nothing other than rubbing our noses in it. Thats all this is.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 03:33:04 pm »
If they broke the law to enter this country, all they deserve is jail and/or deportation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 03:44:24 pm »
The GOP have proven there is nothing to stop the DCP from completely destroying this country. A revolution is coming and it won't be pretty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 03:50:08 pm »
The GOP have proven there is nothing to stop the DCP from completely destroying this country. A revolution is coming and it won't be pretty.
The GOP had better realize they need to begin representing us or people will begin to believe they have nothing to lose.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 04:21:35 pm »
And not that long ago he said the report of paying  migrant families was garbage
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 04:33:16 pm »
The GOP had better realize they need to begin representing us or people will begin to believe they have nothing to lose.
It's becoming more obvious every day.