Author Topic: Law Firm Sues Michigan Secretary of State for Leaving 25,000 Dead Registrants on Voter Rolls  (Read 785 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Law Firm Sues Michigan Secretary of State for Leaving 25,000 Dead Registrants on Voter Rolls

Katherine Hamilton 5 Nov 2021

The Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF) filed a lawsuit against Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson on Wednesday, alleging she failed to remove more than 25,000 potentially deceased registrants from voter rolls after being notified of the issue several times.

The law firm, which is solely dedicated to election integrity, first reportedly notified Benson about the potentially deceased voters in September 2o2o after extensively reviewing and cross referencing state records. According to the lawsuit, PILF was repeatedly met with resistance by the Secretary of State’s office and was even allegedly denied a records request. As a result of Benson’s refusal to change or comply, the firm had to repurchase voter data reports several times over the course of a year to make sure its investigation was up to date. PILF said in the lawsuit:

The Foundation has spent many thousands of dollars reviewing Michigan’s election procedures and documented failures to maintain an accurate and correct voter roll as required by the NVRA [National Voter Registration Act of 1993]. Defendant’s unlawful list maintenance program has forced the Foundation to incur substantial costs comparing Michigan’s voter rolls to the Social Security Death Index, various commercial databases, and other sources in order to identify deceased registrants.

As of August 2021, there were more than 25,975 deceased registrants on Michigan’s voter rolls. Of those 25,975:

23,663 registrants have dead for five years or more
        17,479 registrants have been dead for at least a decade
        3,956 registrants have been dead for at least 20 years

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/05/law-firm-sues-michigan-secretary-of-state-for-leaving-25000-dead-registrants-on-voter-rolls/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How dare they try to keep the dead from exercising their right to vote! And of course you know why they are targeting the dead, it's because they all vote democrat.

Offline libertybele

How dare they try to keep the dead from exercising their right to vote! And of course you know why they are targeting the dead, it's because they all vote democrat.

Hopefully the lawsuit will be successful.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Hopefully the lawsuit will be successful.
I could almost see the ACLU getting involved...........to protect the rights of the dead of course. I don't know which is more ridiculous, the total disregard for keeping the voter rolls maintained or that the Secretary of State would actually have to be sued to perform their job.

Offline LMAO

LOL…

I can’t believe that someone actually has  to go to court to take dead  people off voter rolls

It appears the Democrat Party is going to fight to hold onto its base
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
LOL…

I can’t believe that someone actually has  to go to court to take dead  people off voter rolls

It appears the Democrat Party is going to fight to hold onto its base
Well, they won't take their own names off.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Well, they won't take their own names off.  :shrug:

But it is tragically comical that you have to go to court to get dead people removed from voter rolls. If you were to ask most Americans, should dead people be allowed to vote, they would look at you dumbfounded that you would even ask such a question

Only one party in this country believes that not allowing dead people to vote is disenfranchising their rights. Get out the vote rallies in cemeteries would look strange to most Americans. But the Democratic Party just simply calls it expanding their base

People’s parents may have been dyed in the wool Republicans in life. But they decided to go with the Democratic Party in death

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

rangerrebew

Those people are claimed by the dishonest right wing media to be dead.  How can they be dead when they voted? *****rollingeyes*****