Author Topic: House sets up Friday votes for Biden agenda  (Read 127 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House sets up Friday votes for Biden agenda
« on: November 05, 2021, 12:32:46 pm »
House sets up Friday votes for Biden agenda
By Cristina Marcos and Scott Wong - 11/04/21 09:57 PM EDT
House Democrats are now planning to vote Friday on their long-sought social spending package as well as the bipartisan infrastructure bill as they rush to deliver on President Biden's agenda after disappointing state election results earlier this week.

The House Rules Committee met late Thursday night to advance the final text of the social spending legislation.

Next, according to Democratic sources familiar with the plan, the House will convene at 8 a.m. Friday to debate and vote on the package, titled the Build Back Better Act. A vote to clear the bipartisan infrastructure bill — which has stalled in the House since its Senate passage in August due to progressive resistance — will follow.

The House already completed floor debate on the bipartisan infrastructure bill in late September, when Democratic leaders had first hoped to clinch a deal on the two measures.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and her leadership team have been laboring for more than a month to pass both the social spending package and the bipartisan infrastructure bill, but have repeatedly had to delay House floor action due to stubborn internal divisions over strategy.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/580208-house-sets-up-friday-votes-for-biden-agenda
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: House sets up Friday votes for Biden agenda
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 12:59:07 pm »
I wonder who will defect and vote for this POS bill.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 01:18:25 pm »

The list of possibilities is long.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 01:25:01 pm »
The list of possibilities is long.

Don't rule out the GOP....I'm not.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 02:12:37 pm »
If we only knew where the hidden money is going, we would know that answer.

Or it may be something like promised ambassadorships for the GOP Senators retiring soon.  From the group, I can pick off a couple capable of that

Incumbents retiring from public office
Democratic Party 0 Democrats
Republican Party 5 Republicans
Retiring from public office, 2022
Name                      Party                              State      Date announced
Richard Burr   Republican Party Republican   North Carolina   July 20, 2016[1]
Pat Toomey   Republican Party Republican   Pennsylvania   Oct. 5, 2020[2]
Rob Portman   Republican Party Republican   Ohio                   Jan. 25, 2021[3]
Richard Shelby   Republican Party Republican   Alabama           Feb. 8, 2021[4]
Roy Blunt           Republican Party Republican   Missouri           March 8, 2021[5]

https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_U.S._Congress_incumbents_who_are_not_running_for_re-election_in_2022
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington