Author Topic: Navy to Christen Future USNS Harvey Milk  (Read 195 times)

rangerrebew

Navy to Christen Future USNS Harvey Milk
« on: November 05, 2021, 01:37:45 pm »
 Navy to Christen Future USNS Harvey Milk
Nov. 5, 2021

The Navy will christen the John Lewis-class replenishment oiler, the future USNS Harvey Milk (T-AO 206), during a 9 a.m. PDT ceremony Saturday, Nov. 6 in San Diego, California.

Mr. Stuart Milk, Co-Founder of the Harvey Milk Foundation and Milk’s nephew, will deliver the principal ceremonial address. Remarks will also be provided by the Honorable Carlos Del Toro, Secretary of the Navy; Vice Adm. Jeffrey Hughes, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Warfighting Development; and Rear Adm. Michael Wettlaufer, Commander, Military Sealift Command. The ship’s sponsors are U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, of California, and Paula Neira, Navy Veteran and Clinical Program Director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Transgender Health. Ms. Neira will christen the ship by breaking a bottle of sparkling wine across the bow in a time-honored Navy tradition.

“Tomorrow we christen the future USNS Harvey Milk,” said Secretary of the Navy Carlos Del Toro. “Leaders like Harvey Milk taught us that diversity of backgrounds and experiences help contribute to the strength and resolve of our nation. There is no doubt that the future Sailors aboard this ship will be inspired by Milk’s life and legacy.”

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/2834361/navy-to-christen-future-usns-harvey-milk/

Offline skeeter

Re: Navy to Christen Future USNS Harvey Milk
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 01:38:41 pm »
Maybe the navy will opt to crew the USS Milk with 13 year old 'chickens'.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 01:39:36 pm »
I hear the crew will get two free twinkies every day in honor of Harvey Milk. wink777

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 01:40:29 pm »
A replenishment oiler?  Harvey probably liked lube.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 01:35:00 am »
The Navy will christen the John Lewis-class replenishment oiler, the future USNS Harvey Milk (T-AO 206), during a 9 a.m. PDT ceremony Saturday, Nov. 6 in San Diego, California.

That right there is some funny stuff,I don't care WHO you are.

It would be impossible to name any ship other than an oiler,the "Harvey Milk". After all,wasn't getting all "oiled up" a sign the "Party is ON!"

Ya just GOTTA feel sorry for the sailors who are going to be assigned to that ship. You just KNOW they are going to be "the butt of all lube jokes." <G>
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 06:05:08 am »
That right there is some funny stuff,I don't care WHO you are.

It would be impossible to name any ship other than an oiler,the "Harvey Milk". After all,wasn't getting all "oiled up" a sign the "Party is ON!"

Ya just GOTTA feel sorry for the sailors who are going to be assigned to that ship. You just KNOW they are going to be "the butt of all lube jokes." <G>
I just question the wisdom of naming a ship after someone who is notorious for going down...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 08:38:43 pm »
Silent Majority
@PatrioticCougar
NEW - U.S. Navy names ship after gay rights leader Harvey Milk and it's christened by a transgender veteran.
@disclosetv

8:28 AM · Nov 7, 2021

Harvey Milk raped teenage boys. Sure, let's name a U.S. Navy ship after him. There are times I'm glad my Navy veteran father and uncle (both WWII) aren't alive to see this kind of idiocy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 01:42:32 pm »
Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
We are country that names ships after pederasts like Harvey Milk and builds statues to violent felons like George Floyd. A country that admires and honors men of this kind cannot survive. And doesn't deserve to, either.
6:55 PM · Nov 7, 2021·

https://twitter.com/AnOpenSecret/status/1457343383438045187
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 02:10:10 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 04:42:38 pm »
Will it be required to stay clear of younger smaller ships to protect them from molestation? Will Feinswein be there, she built her whole political career off his death so it seems fitting. One more question, did the designers include rear access port in homage?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 04:45:08 pm by GtHawk »