Author Topic: Ruger shows off first production Marlin lever-action rifle made at its plant in North Carolina  (Read 1295 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Keeping promises made earlier in the month by Christopher Killoy, Ruger's CEO and president, that the first Marlin Model off the assembly line will be the Stainless Big Loop variant of the Model 1895, the image posted this week on social media shows proud Ruger employees clustered around just that.

Ruger purchased the 150-year-old Marlin brand and assets in its entirety for $30 million at a federal bankruptcy auction from Remington Outdoors last October and has spent the past several months moving equipment and parts from "Big Green's" old plant in Huntsville, Alabama, and elsewhere to Mayodan to reboot the line.

https://www.guns.com/news/2021/10/22/ruger-shows-off-its-1st-marlin-rifle
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If I were younger and more mobile,I would be ordering me one of those sweet things in 45/70 or .444.

Maybe both.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If I were younger and more mobile,I would be ordering me one of those sweet things in 45/70 or .444.

Maybe both.
The prices are likely to leave me sticker shocked. I bought my 1894 back in the 80s for $180.00 brand new in the box.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

The prices are likely to leave me sticker shocked. I bought my 1894 back in the 80s for $180.00 brand new in the box.
My favorite gun.... 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I know there is a long gun in the picture somewhere but I just can't get past all the masks. :(
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

Maybe both.

I got the saddle gun in 45/70... But I still have an itch for that hex-barreled long gun they make with a ladder sight on it... just for giggles.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I bought my 336 for about $120 in 1968.  Still love it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

My favorite gun....
Me, too.  I looked around for a while before I found it, on the racks in a town 130 miles away, noticed just a little dust on it, and then with a straight face offered them $20 less than the tag price. Deal!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I got the saddle gun in 45/70... But I still have an itch for that hex-barreled long gun they make with a ladder sight on it... just for giggles.
A Shiloh Sharps would be nice.

Not a Marlin, not a lever gun per se...but wow.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 05:02:40 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

That's right... I done black powder for a while, and can hold my own with a Sharps Fitty. But not for real... That's mostly so I don't get showed up at the Rondy. But I would love to take that big ol hex barreled Cowboy for a spin, I sure would.

But my next will probably be a Henry. All that brass.... Looks like candy to me.

Offline Smokin Joe

That's right... I done black powder for a while, and can hold my own with a Sharps Fitty. But not for real... That's mostly so I don't get showed up at the Rondy. But I would love to take that big ol hex barreled Cowboy for a spin, I sure would.

But my next will probably be a Henry. All that brass.... Looks like candy to me.
Yeah....Me, too.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

Ohhhhh,but that is SWEET!

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Ohhhhh,but that is SWEET!
Made in Big Timber, Montana.  Beautiful rifles, but out of my budget unless I win the Lottery....

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Made in Big Timber, Montana.  Beautiful rifles, but out of my budget unless I win the Lottery....

@Smokin Joe

I have a friend that has one. Weights roughly the same as a new Buick.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

I have the 1895 Marlin in 45/70. I also have a project, in work, I need to get back on. I picked up a Rem #5 rolling block that was chambered in 7mm and I've rebarreled it with a NAVY Arms hex 45-70 barrel.

Online roamer_1

I have the 1895 Marlin in 45/70. I also have a project, in work, I need to get back on. I picked up a Rem #5 rolling block that was chambered in 7mm and I've rebarreled it with a NAVY Arms hex 45-70 barrel.

Pretty cool. I have a spare Rem700 that I was going to rebarrel to a .458 for a while... kinda the same thing, with the idea of having the same bore... But it is kinda silly. That 458 would be a 'reach out and touch someone' gun, so the catridge and the shape of the round would be a whole nuther thing anyway. Although.... 458 whisper...  :pondering:

Nah... I think my current 300win is sufficient for distance... Though I kinda miss my 7mm mag. I still believe it runs out of poop way out there, where the 300 win mag still has something left... But I could drive tacks with that 7mm... Still my favorite. That's what that spare is barreled in now (though the barrel is shot)... I might just put it back to right on the off chance that through some miracle I get to go after bighorn or mountain goat again.

Who am I kidding, right?  :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I have a friend that has one. Weights roughly the same as a new Buick.
Yes, the new ones are pretty light (Buicks, that is).
I visited the factory about 20 years ago, and I know a guy who has three of them.
My M1A in USMC furniture runs 14 lbs with a full mag, and these are on par.
Which I reckon is why they are a long distance rifle, so you don't have to run the boonies as much with them to take the shot. Wonderful rifles, both, but you either have to be in good shape or you gotta be ready to lighten your ruck if you're going to tote one around.

C S Lewis