Author Topic: Virginia counties vote overwhelmingly to keep Confederate monuments  (Read 488 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Virginia counties vote overwhelmingly to keep Confederate monuments
By Dave Ress
Daily Press |
Nov 03, 2021 at 12:58 PM

Middle Peninsula voters overwhelmingly want to keep their Confederate monuments, according to results of advisory referendums in Mathews and Middlesex counties.

Mathews voters rejected a proposal to relocate the county’s Soldier’s & Sailor’s Monument on its court green at the corner of Court and Church streets by 3,778, or 80% of ballots cast, to 939, or 20%.

In Middlesex, the vote against moving its Civil War Monument from the courthouse grounds in Saluda was 3,229, or 75% of ballots cast, to 1,076.

A CNN statewide exit poll of voters asked about who they backed in the lieutenant governor’s race found stark partisan differences on the issue: 85% of those who said they supported the successful GOP candidate, Winsome Sears, said Confederate memorials should remain in place while 88% of those backing Democrat Hala Ayala said they ought to be removed.

The Mathews total exceeded by roughly 300 votes the ballots cast for Republican statewide candidates, but the Middlesex total lagged its GOP statewide tally by about 500 votes.

more
https://www.dailypress.com/government/elections/dp-nw-midpen-monuments-20211103-xeux6yo4angkzd3owzdtibybja-story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Virginia counties vote overwhelmingly to keep Confederate monuments
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 01:28:34 am »
The exit polling showed that most voters wanted the confederate monuments left in place. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 01:33:45 am »
The exit polling showed that most voters wanted the confederate monuments left in place.

I hope they stay.... it's a beginning to stop the destruction of our history.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 01:36:55 am »
I don’t have any feelings either way regarding Confederate statues. If people vote to remove them, that’s their choice

But it’s thugs that decide they’ll take it upon themselves to destroying public property I have a problem with
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 06:54:02 am »
I don’t have any feelings either way regarding Confederate statues. If people vote to remove them, that’s their choice

But it’s thugs that decide they’ll take it upon themselves to destroying public property I have a problem with

Exactly.