Author Topic: Renewable Energy Paradox: Solar Panels and Their Toxic Waste  (Read 237 times)

rangerrebew

Renewable Energy Paradox: Solar Panels and Their Toxic Waste
« on: November 04, 2021, 06:12:58 pm »

Cradle-to-grave solar panels are not as "green" as we are led to believe.

By  Christopher McFadden
Sep 30, 2021
Monash University

Around the world, there is a massive push to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels for various reasons – chief among them the preservation of our home planet. Among the various strategies being developed, one tends to receive the most attention – renewable technologies, like solar panels.

Touted as being completely sustainable, such claims often gloss over – or worse, ignore – the very real damage caused through the production and use of this technology. Just like wind turbines, solar panels may have a darker side to their existence than most truly appreciate.

That's not to say that solar PV panels should be abandoned outright, but that a more honest, and realistic, conversation be had about them.

To give you some idea of the scale of the problem, you can peruse some interesting data provided here. To give you the gist of it, this study, conducted by environmental journalists who favor nuclear power found that solar panels (over their lifetime) create somewhere in the region of 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than nuclear power plants.

https://interestingengineering.com/renewable-energy-paradox-solar-panels-and-their-toxic-waste

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Renewable Energy Paradox: Solar Panels and Their Toxic Waste
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 07:52:11 pm »
Yes. Turbines too.  I read the "hum' is damaging to humans.  Proven, and all the bird deaths.  Not about the environment, as they like to say.  Liars.

Just like wind turbines, solar panels may have a darker side to their existence than most truly appreciate. =ARTICLE

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 10:31:16 am »
Yes. Turbines too.  I read the "hum' is damaging to humans.  Proven, and all the bird deaths.  Not about the environment, as they like to say.  Liars.

Just like wind turbines, solar panels may have a darker side to their existence than most truly appreciate. =ARTICLE
And already huge landfills to dispose of non-recyclable blades past their 'use by' date.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 02:17:29 am »
And already huge landfills to dispose of non-recyclable blades past their 'use by' date.
Far in the future some advanced beings will visit the Earth and discover one of these Turbine blade burial sites and try to figure out how anyone could be so stupid.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 02:28:13 am »
Far in the future some advanced beings will visit the Earth and discover one of these Turbine blade burial sites and try to figure out how anyone could be so stupid.

Agree and not safe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onolsqdCnHA

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 04:32:22 am »

You misunderestimate the anthropological mentality.

Obviously, these will be seen as items of great religious significance...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis