Author Topic: USA Today snubs Winsome Sears, Jason Miyares from report on 'candidates of color' who won historic e  (Read 493 times)

Online Hoodat

USA Today snubs Winsome Sears, Jason Miyares from report on 'candidates of color' who won historic elections

Joseph A. Wulfsohn  |  03 Nov 2021

USA Today is raising eyebrows for a report highlighting the "candidates of color" who made history in various election races on Tuesday but left out two of the night's biggest winners.

Virginia rocked the political world with Glenn Youngkin leading the Republican ticket to victory in the commonwealth that President Biden won by ten points last year. The two other big winners were Winsome Sears, who will become Virginia's first woman of color lieutenant governor, and Jason Miyares, who will be the state's first Hispanic attorney general.

However, neither of them was mentioned in USA Today's roundup of the diverse candidates that emerged victorious this week.  .  .  .

https://www.foxnews.com/media/usa-today-winsome-sears-jason-miyares-virginia
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If I were black,this would seriously piss me off.

Well,it pisses me off anyhow,but I'd be looking for somebody to slap around if I were black.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Remember that white liberals will tell you if you are a POC or not, if you vote right and pay homage to the party.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Here's the USA Today article:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/11/03/local-elections-see-historic-gains-black-asian-politicians-elected/6257739001/

Wu is a
person Of Color?

City council member Michelle Wu, 36, won the mayoral race in Boston after fellow Democrat Annissa Essaibi George conceded. Wu gained 63.6% of votes compared to 36% for George, according to WBUR News.

Wu is the first woman and person of color elected to the post.

What color is Wu?   Yellow?  Off White? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

White is a color.

Offline Killer Clouds

DCP disciples are always spouting off about racism yet they are the ones always spouting racist BS. Who cares what color a person's skin is or what they have between their legs. It would be nice to voted for someone qualified to do the job regardless.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
DCP disciples are always spouting off about racism yet they are the ones always spouting racist BS. Who cares what color a person's skin is or what they have between their legs. It would be nice to voted for someone qualified to do the job regardless.
What? Based on merit?

If we did that,most of the DCP would be flipping burgers (maybe) or back at tending bar.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

White is a color.

I listened to her talk.  Nice speech, but she believes in OPEN BORDERS and supports illegals.  Then she says to interviewer, her opponent was a WHITE SUPREMEST.... she who does not see color, Race and wants people to see people.   RINO.  I AM DISAPPOINTED.  Why did she 'see' a white supremest?  THAT IS RACISM.  ON FOX, with a blond lady who is a liberal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-YUYX33VsM
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 04:49:48 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wu is a
person Of Color?

What color is Wu?   Yellow?  Off White?

@Wingnut

Asians aren't a color. They come in various shades. They all seem to have the Asian "slanted eyes" that are black,and they all have black hair. I used to think they were all of small stature until I went to Asia to live and ran into a few Northern (I think) Chinese,who were huge by anybody's standards.  So much for "All Asians look alike". It just ain't so.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I listened to her talk. Nice speech, but she believes in OPEN BORDERS and supports illegals.  Then she says to interviewer, her opponent was a WHITE SUPREMEST.... she who does not see color, Race and wants people to see people.   RINO.  I AM DISAPPOINTED.  Why did she 'see' a white supremest?  THAT IS RACISM.  ON FOX, with a blond lady who is a liberal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-YUYX33VsM

@LegalAmerican

DAMN!

And here I was,all excited about her win. That was a huge letdown for me.

Offline LMAO

It’s 2024. The economy is still soft and inflation is still a problem. The Republicans nominate a candidate that not only excites the base but attracts those suburban and independent voters that Trump lost in 2020.

In order to have any shot of at least being competitive, Joe Biden would have to have a 90 to 95% turn out for him of urban black voters. This is why race is so important to the left.

Average Americans are not obsessed with race like the left is but they don’t understand why the obsession. But there is a reason why the left is overly focused on race. The inner cities that they’ve been running for decades our crime ridden hell holes. Race is all they have
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 10:28:39 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

I heard her speak and I also wonder why she would find it necessary to make the white supremacist comment.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Smokin Joe

I heard her speak and I also wonder why she would find it necessary to make the white supremacist comment.
Conservative blacks all over are being accused of being white supremacists, from Larry elder and Candace Owens onward.

It is a fine example of the lunacy of the Left.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Conservative blacks all over are being accused of being white supremacists, from Larry elder and Candace Owens onward.

It is a fine example of the lunacy of the Left.

I personally know a couple of true leftist. Race is a huge motivator for them. They truly believe that America 2021 is similar to Alabama 1922. That’s not an exaggeration. They evaluate every group based on it’s diversity. It’s foreign to everybody else but to them it’s their passion. Their hobby Is “saving” black people from white supremacy

People like Larry Elder and Candace Owen threaten that passion.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 10:43:27 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Smokin Joe

I personally know a couple of true leftist. Race is a huge motivator for them. They truly believe that America 2021 is similar to Alabama 1922. That’s not an exaggeration. They evaluate every group based on it’s diversity. It’s foreign to everybody else but to them it’s their passion.

People like Larry Elder and Candace Owen threaten that passion.
Reality, if they embrace it, threatens that passion, too.  The majority of those living in squalor have the ability and opportunity to change it if they will embrace that opportunity and work.

All around them they accuse those who are successful of being "too white", even as they return to failed policy and philosophy like a dog to its vomit.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Reality, if they embrace it, threatens that passion, too.  The majority of those living in squalor have the ability and opportunity to change it if they will embrace that opportunity and work.

All around them they accuse those who are successful of being "too white", even as they return to failed policy and philosophy like a dog to its vomit.

There is power in victimhood. And the left absolutely needs black people to feel like victims. Because if they’re a victim of oppression, well, they need a savior to come rescue them  from their  oppressors. That’s why there is no chance ever of the left giving up their obsession with race
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 10:59:06 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

And the left absolutely needs black people to feel like victims. Because if they’re a victim of oppression, well, they need a savior to come rescue them  from their  oppressors.

Tells you everything you need to know about how leftists really feel about black people.  Never equals.  Always subservient.

Offline LMAO

Tells you everything you need to know about how leftists really feel about black people.  Never equals.  Always subservient.

The left is watching what’s happening with the Hispanic vote and think, “ we can’t let the GOP have ‘our’ blacks”

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

Their hobby Is “saving” black people from white supremacy

In other words, they view black people as inferior, and incapable of advocating for themselves.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Maybe they aren't colored enough?

What is the litmus test for blackness?  I have yet to see N.I.S.T. standards and standardized tests for blackness.

The best we can do in the meantime is the Carlton Dance Test for Blackness.

Identity politics just leads to more division and tribalism.

I'm brown-haired and brown-eyed.  Am I Irish enough to join the Special Forces?

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

In other words, they view black people as inferior, and incapable of advocating for themselves.

Exactly

Offline Smokin Joe

Not just that, and not just blacks, the Leftists also have the high ground of being offended for the people they do not regard as smart enough to know when they have been insulted.

C S Lewis