Author Topic: Greene granted permission to enter 'patriot wing' of DC jail to visit Jan. 6 defendants  (Read 188 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Greene granted permission to enter 'patriot wing' of DC jail to visit Jan. 6 defendants
By Sarakshi Rai - 11/05/21 11:09 AM EDT

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.) was finally granted access late Thursday night to enter the D.C. Department of Corrections to visit accused Jan. 6 rioters after months of trying.

Her office confirmed her visit in a statement, saying she had visited the "patriot wing" of the D.C. Jail on a three-hour tour and spoken directly with the accused Jan. 6 rioters.

Her office added that Greene was granted access only after "months of requesting access with letter after letter and call after call."

Greene took to Twitter to describe the visit and said Friday, "I have never seen human suffering like I witnessed last night."

She further said that when she asked to see the Jan. 6 accused defendants while at the jail, she was told that "it was not a part of her tour."

However, Greene said she "demanded" to see them and "would have gone scorched earth if I was not allowed and was making it known."

When she was finally allowed to visit the accused Jan. 6 rioters, she said, "It was like walking into a prisoner of war camp." She said the prisoners couldn't believe "someone had made it in to see them."

"They are suffering greatly. Virtually no medical care, very poor food quality, and being put through re-education which most of them are rejecting," Greene tweeted.

The D.C. Department of Corrections did not immediately respond to The Hill's request for comment.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Hill has reached out to Greene's office for further comment.

Greene and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) had attempted to enter the jail on Wednesday, but were stopped at the entrance by a corrections worker.

"What are you hiding? Really, what are you hiding?" Greene was seen asking the corrections worker in a video.

Early Thursday afternoon, Greene tweeted out a letter she and Gohmert had written to D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser (D), demanding access to the jail. The letter was co-signed by Reps. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) and Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.).

"As duly elected Members of Congress tasked with funding, oversight, and authority over the District, we find no justifiable reason that would prevent us from inspecting these facilities," the letter read.

Greene's visit comes a month after a federal judge found D.C. corrections officials in contempt over the treatment of a Jan. 6 defendant and referred the matter to the Department of Justice for a civil rights investigation into whether other Capitol riot defendants are facing similar conditions.

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered that a Jan. 6 defendant diagnosed with cancer be transferred to another prison after an inspection at a D.C. jail found that prisoners were living in "deplorable" conditions.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/580249-marjorie-taylor-greene-granted-permission-to-enter-dc-jail-to-visit-jan-6
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Gitmo for conservatives.  This is the  future for those on the right who fight back.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 04:16:44 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

Gitmo for conservatives.  This is the  future for those on the right who fight back.
The same mistakes won't be made again. The next time people will be armed. A revolution is coming.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The same mistakes won't be made again. The next time people will be armed. A revolution is coming.
What happened was no insurrection, it was a false flag operation by agents provocateur who set up a lot of people so a vindictive administration could make an example of them.

Just when as the British troops opened fire on civilians in Boston, this is the sort of action that entrenches distrust and resentment and solidifies resolve. The hard part will be for everyone to refrain from any violent action, and that is essential at this time if the criminals who are perpetrating these crimes are to be brought to account, and by criminals, I do not mean the prisoners.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
What happened was no insurrection, it was a false flag operation by agents provocateur who set up a lot of people so a vindictive administration could make an example of them.

Just when as the British troops opened fire on civilians in Boston, this is the sort of action that entrenches distrust and resentment and solidifies resolve. The hard part will be for everyone to refrain from any violent action, and that is essential at this time if the criminals who are perpetrating these crimes are to be brought to account, and by criminals, I do not mean the prisoners.

It was groundbreaking, because it was the first large scale operation of the new American Gestapho (FBI).  I see more Nazi Germany similarities  here than the American Revolution.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

I think it’s a subtle message not just for conservatives but  to the public at large. Do  not oppose us or this will happen to you

If people broke the law, then charge them and have a court date. But there’s a huge gap of how these people are being treated versus those who burned down cities last summer. Not only did the Democrats ignore the riots last summer, but in many instances cheered them on
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I think it’s a subtle message not just for conservatives but  to the public at large. Do  not oppose us or this will happen to you

If people broke the law, then charge them and have a court date. But there’s a huge gap of how these people are being treated versus those who burned down cities last summer. Not only did the Democrats ignore the riots last summer, but in many instances cheered them on

You are so right.  At the beginning, I was rooting for march, right up to to the point they went into the Capitol. Then I was in kind of Why the F, did they do that for mode.   Not smart.

Now, after getting bits and pieces from Carson's Patriot Purge, plus the fact we have a boat load of people who are rotting in jail without charges or court dates for 9 months?  My opinions have made full a full circle. The FBI unequivocally has become the American Gestapho.

These people may have had the right idea all along.