Author Topic: Jayapal sinks Pelosi plan for infrastructure vote without larger package  (Read 195 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jayapal sinks Pelosi plan for infrastructure vote without larger package
By Mike Lillis - 11/05/21 03:34 PM EDT

The head of the Congressional Progressive Caucus quickly shut down Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) plan to vote Friday on an infrastructure bill without also passing the larger social benefits package that President Biden has sought for months.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) said liberals are holding form to their insistence that both bills move together — a strategy they believe gives them the greatest leverage in negotiations with centrist Democrats in the Senate.

“As we’ve consistently said, there are dozens of our members who want to vote both bills — the Build Back Better Act and the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act — out of the House together."

DEVELOPING...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Jayapal sinks Pelosi plan for infrastructure vote without larger package
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 08:05:41 pm »

'I do not think you progressives have the leverage you think you have.'
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 08:06:56 pm »
God bless both Joe Manchin and Synyma(sp) and the progressive wing of the Democrat Party. Both groups may save this country without knowing it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 09:17:48 pm »
God bless both Joe Manchin and Synyma(sp) and the progressive wing of the Democrat Party. Both groups may save this country without knowing it
Don't count on it. They are DCP disciples and they will do as they are commanded.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 09:53:45 pm »
Don't count on it. They are DCP disciples and they will do as they are commanded.

I think Tuesday might have shaken a lot of them loose.  There's a creeping revelation that the progs are going to destroy the Party.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 10:01:50 pm »
I think Tuesday might have shaken a lot of them loose.  There's a creeping revelation that the progs are going to destroy the Party.

Like fleas off a dog
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 01:06:41 am »
Unfortunately there is nothing that will destroy the DCP. I keep hearing all the time that the DCP is falling apart and it's on life support. That's not true and the GOPe will make sure of it. Even if we take back the house and senate in 2022 all it will do is slow down or stop the DCP agenda. Unless they win 17 seats in the senate all it will do is just make the general sheeple in the US hate congress again for not getting anything at all done for 2 years. 2024 is going to be a lot more interesting than people think.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 03:33:07 am »
So much for Jayapal bluster.  Pelosi pulled off the dirty deed with 13 complicit GOP reps.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 11:14:34 am »
So much for Jayapal bluster.  Pelosi pulled off the dirty deed with 13 complicit GOP reps.

These idiots are going to completely destroy this country.