Author Topic: Opinion: Count on Democrats to ignore the lessons of a Youngkin win  (Read 77 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yesterday at 2:56 p.m. EDT
Hugh Hewitt

­­­­­­It will surprise no one that I think Glenn Youngkin (R) is going to win Tuesday’s vote in the Virginia governor’s race. Former governor Terry McAuliffe (D) spent Sunday morning on “Meet the Press,” which was an appeal for help to Beltway suburbs where the Sunday shows matter far more than they do in Virginia Beach, Richmond and Lynchburg, much less rural Virginia.

Opinions to start the day, in your inbox. Sign up.
While Youngkin was barnstorming to crowds of 1,000 people, McAuliffe made his pitch to “sparsely attended” rallies, according to the New York Times. I expect Youngkin to emerge as the winner early on Tuesday evening.

The question then becomes: What do congressional Democrats do in response? President Biden is fixated on spending massive amounts of federal money despite his plunging favorability ratings. Will Democrats in Congress study a Youngkin win and conclude, “Um, let’s change course”?

My guess is no. And we have some evidence for that conclusion from early 2010.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/11/01/youngkin-will-win-but-democrats-will-learn-nothing-from-the-loss/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Opinion: Count on Democrats to ignore the lessons of a Youngkin win
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 02:08:41 pm »
The only way Democrats learn

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington