Author Topic: Elie Mystal: Conservatives Think a Fetus ‘Should Have the Same Legal Rights as Full-Grown Black Peop  (Read 321 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Elie Mystal: Conservatives Think a Fetus ‘Should Have the Same Legal Rights as Full-Grown Black People’

Pam Key 1 Dec 2021

MSNBC regular and The Nation’s justice correspondent Elie Mystal said Wednesday on “The ReidOut” that conservatives believe a fetus “should have the same legal rights as full-grown black people” while reacting to the Supreme Court oral arguments on Mississippi’s law that bans abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy.

Mystal said, “Conservatives want you to think that a fetus – a fetus who is pre-viability, which means it cannot exist outside of its mother, it cannot live outside of, of the womb, has the same – should have the same legal rights as full-grown black people in this country. And that the fact that it doesn’t is some kind of miscarriage of justice – no pun intended – and that the people who shouldn’t have the full rights are the women who are carrying the fetus.”

He continued, “Now, I can prove that a fetus is not deserving of full personhood rights because if it were, they would be arguing that the fetus should be given citizenship. They would be arguing that the fetus should have other rights like a right to education, a right to health care. They would be arguing that I should be able to claim fetuses as dependents on my taxes, which you’ll note, they’re not.”

Mystal added, “They’re only concerned about the right of a fetus when that right can be used to diminish the rights of women. And that is what the conservatives are all about on the Supreme Court. That is what you heard in stark and I – I think you used the right word, offensive language throughout the court’s arguments today. But this is the day that conservatives have been planning for a generation.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/12/01/elie-mystal-conservatives-think-a-fetus-should-have-the-same-legal-rights-as-full-grown-black-people/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Can fetuses be counted by the US Census for apportionment?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

Elie Mystal: Conservatives Think a Fetus ‘Should Have the Same Legal Rights as Full-Grown Black People’

Pam Key 1 Dec 2021

MSNBC regular and The Nation’s justice correspondent Elie Mystal said Wednesday on “The ReidOut” that conservatives believe a fetus “should have the same legal rights as full-grown black people” while reacting to the Supreme Court oral arguments on Mississippi’s law that bans abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy.

Mystal said, “Conservatives want you to think that a fetus – a fetus who is pre-viability, which means it cannot exist outside of its mother, it cannot live outside of, of the womb, has the same – should have the same legal rights as full-grown black people in this country. And that the fact that it doesn’t is some kind of miscarriage of justice – no pun intended – and that the people who shouldn’t have the full rights are the women who are carrying the fetus.”

He continued, “Now, I can prove that a fetus is not deserving of full personhood rights because if it were, they would be arguing that the fetus should be given citizenship. They would be arguing that the fetus should have other rights like a right to education, a right to health care. They would be arguing that I should be able to claim fetuses as dependents on my taxes, which you’ll note, they’re not.”

Mystal added, “They’re only concerned about the right of a fetus when that right can be used to diminish the rights of women. And that is what the conservatives are all about on the Supreme Court. That is what you heard in stark and I – I think you used the right word, offensive language throughout the court’s arguments today. But this is the day that conservatives have been planning for a generation.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/12/01/elie-mystal-conservatives-think-a-fetus-should-have-the-same-legal-rights-as-full-grown-black-people/

Huh?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Well, at least the same legal rights as a newborn black person. All we're talking about is the right to life.
We don't believe the unborn can vote, but it's just a matter of age.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

They both have souls, so in God's eyes, yes they do.

Not too smart to contradict God
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

Such an odd thing to say considering that in New York, more black babies are destroyed through abortion than are born live.  Straight up genocide, which the Democrat Party champions.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Such an odd thing to say considering that in New York, more black babies are destroyed through abortion than are born live.  Straight up genocide, which the Democrat Party champions.
Margaret Sanger would be so pleased.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why do these 'people' always without fail make everything about race? Why not just say as full grown people, still morally reprehensible attitude but not racist. If these harridans actually gave a damn about their race they would care about babies being murdered, but all they care about is being able to have unfettered sex and if they become pregnant, to flush the problem away. One can't help but wonder how much of an abortion mills customer base is made up of repeat clientele.

Offline goatprairie

The pro abortion people know full well that abortion kills a growing human being. Why else would they be so much against it? Has a "clump of cells" (as the pro-abort people call a fetus) inside a pregnant woman's womb  ever grown into anything other than another human being?
It's actually a ridiculous argument. Pro abortion people like Camille Paglia have stated that of course it's a growing human being, and they, the pro-abort people, have to admit that the practice is barbaric. Paglia supports abortion because she feels women shouldn't have their lives restricted by having a child, but at least she's honest and admits that abortion for convenience is barbaric.
I have to laugh at the pro-abort people who try to shame pregnant women who smoke or use drugs but then support their right to kill their kid whenever they feel like it up until birth i.e. partial birth abortion.
There was an episode of "Seinfeld" where pro-abortion Elaine spots a pregnant woman smoking and gets exercised. My feeling is why should she care when she supports the decision of the woman to kill her kid any time she feels like it? 
"You're smoking while you're pregnant...what's wrong with you? Oh, you're going to have an abortion? Well then that's perfectly alright." Insanity.

Offline goatprairie

Why do these 'people' always without fail make everything about race? Why not just say as full grown people, still morally reprehensible attitude but not racist. If these harridans actually gave a damn about their race they would care about babies being murdered, but all they care about is being able to have unfettered sex and if they become pregnant, to flush the problem away. One can't help but wonder how much of an abortion mills customer base is made up of repeat clientele.
"Why do these 'people' always without fail make everything about race?"

Have you ever read articles from these clowns available on-line? Race is everything to them. Not a minute goes by that they're not obsessed about Evil Whitey perpetrating all sorts of outrages on innocent black people.
Many of them actually state that EVERYTHING!!! in America is intertwined with race. Think about it....everything. That means the planting of roses in her garden by  a grandmother in Minot, North Dakota is somehow intertwined with race.
Yes, these people are insane. But they make pretty good livings by being obsessed with race and blaming Evil Whitey for all the problems of black people.

Offline verga

She needs to explain why if a pregnant woman is murdered, the suspect is charged with double homicide.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LegalAmerican

Just shaking my head.  These people are certifiable.