Author Topic: Raffensperger says he would 'gladly participate' in probe over Trump election pressuring  (Read 362 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Raffensperger says he would 'gladly participate' in probe over Trump election pressuring
By Mychael Schnell - 10/31/21 11:30 AM EDT

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R) on Sunday said he would “gladly participate” in an interview for the Fulton County district attorney’s investigation into former President Trump’s efforts to pressure him to reverse the state’s 2020 presidential election results.

Raffensperger told host Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that his office has “fully complied” with the probe by handing over documents, adding that some of his staff members have spoken to investigators.

“We've fully complied, sent all the documents that we had, and she actually talked to some of our staff members,” Raffensperger said, referring to Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.

“So if she wants to interview me, there's a process for that, and I will gladly participate in that because I want to make sure that I follow the law, follow the Constitution, and when you get a grand jury summons, you respond to it,” he added.

Prosecutors in Fulton County opened a criminal investigation into Trump in February, just more than a month after the contentious phone call between the then-president and Raffensperger.

On the call, Trump tried to pressure Raffensperger to “find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,” in an effort to flip the state red even though it went for then-Democratic nominee Joe Biden in November.

Trump told the secretary of state he wanted to find the votes “because we won the state.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/579294-raffensperger-says-he-would-gladly-participate-in-interview-for

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34