Author Topic: DC area police departments on alert for 'potential threats' to malls, shopping centers  (Read 254 times)

Offline EdinVA

DC area police departments on alert for 'potential threats' to malls, shopping centers

WASHINGTON (7News) — At a news conference Friday afternoon, Fairfax County Chief of Police Kevin Davis spoke about information provided Thursday concerning "potential public safety impacts to malls and shopping centers across the region."
In response, "we have increased our police presence throughout the county to include major thoroughfares, transit hubs, shopping plazas, and shopping malls," Chief Davis said.
Davis did not provide details about where the information came from but advised the public to "be vigilant and to report any suspicious activity." He called it a "regional matter."
According to ABC News sources, the potential threat to shopping malls emanated from intelligence possibly linked to ISIS, according to multiple law enforcement and intelligence sources. The credibility of the information is still being assessed.
https://wjla.com/news/local/fairfax-county-police-detail-potential-public-safety-impacts-to-malls-shopping-centers

hmm, just in time for the election???

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I wonder if they are going to investigate ballot drop boxes?  888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

BREAKING: Two US officials tell @HumanEvents that the ISIS threat alert in Northern VA / DC region is related to Afghan refugees

9:55 PM · Oct 29, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Some USSS agents are concerned DC-area ISIS threat may be related to a report of 3 Afghan refugees who forced their way off a bus earlier this month

9:43 PM · Oct 29, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

@mountaineer

« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 06:31:35 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Well, Sherlock, I'm shocked.

It's high time these traitors in office found a new job. Some suggestions:

Testing rope for stretch and maximum working strength.

Replacing beagles for sand fly/flea experiments.

Crossing guards for HOV lanes.

Keel inspectors for submarines.

Making small rocks from big ones with rudimentary devices.

I am sure I could come up with more....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Northern Virginia police departments increase presence amid purported ISIS threat against shopping malls

Megan Cloherty | mcloherty@wtop.com

October 29, 2021, 9:30 PM

Police in Northern Virginia are increasing their presence around shopping malls and high-volume roads and transit areas in response to a purported threat from ISIS.

A law enforcement source told CBS News the recent threat against a mall in Northern Virginia this Halloween weekend originated from ISIS. It is the basis for a law enforcement-sensitive alert that was issued.

Out of an abundance of caution, Fairfax County’s police chief said his department is ready to respond if the threat materializes.

Chief Kevin Davis said he learned of the threat through regional intelligence partners in the last 24 hours. While he wouldn’t describe it in detail, Davis said his department is responding in-kind.

“We have ramped up our presence at places where people shop, at places where people recreate, gather, dine. It’s our responsibility to do that we routinely do this,” Davis said at a news conference Friday.

Fairfax County officers expect to be on high alert around holidays, he said, but there is more reason to be cautious going into next week.

more
https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2021/10/fairfax-police-increases-presence-amid-purported-isis-threat-against-shopping-malls/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec
We have a credible ISIS threat to the nation’s capitol on a holiday weekend and leftist operatives are launching false flag neo-Nazi operations
11:06 AM · Oct 30, 2021·
I don't know how credible it truly is. Does ISIS usually give such specific warnings?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec
BREAKING: Two US officials tell @HumanEvents that the ISIS threat alert in Northern VA / DC region is related to Afghan refugees
9:55 PM · Oct 29, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec
9:55 PM · Oct 29, 2021·

Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Not.