Author Topic: Supreme Court to hear major Second Amendment case  (Read 466 times)

Offline libertybele

Supreme Court to hear major Second Amendment case
« on: October 30, 2021, 06:55:01 pm »
I'm not so confident that the SCOTUS will rule favorably ... I'm sure that we're going to see some kind of gun violence and chaos erupt forcing them to rule against this.  We'll see.  Roberts is always a wild card and the new Supremes aren't as conservative as I had hoped.

The U.S. Supreme Court is due to hand down a major ruling on American’s Second Amendment rights. The court recently announced it will hear a case soon, which could potentially increase the number of people able to carry a gun in public.

According to gun rights advocates, a favorable ruling by the Supreme Court would make it harder for Democrat-led cities to deprive citizens of the right to carry guns in public.

“We feel that the suit is: One, to bring equal justice and equal protection to the people, the gun owners in New York state,” explained Tom King, President of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association (NYSRPA). “Two, to show that the Second Amendment applies outside the home and doesn’t stop at your doorstep. And thirdly, to bring us in line with approximately 40 other states that have ‘shall issue’ permits or constitutional carry.”

The case was brought up by a New York guns rights group against their governments’ century old law restricting citizens’ ability to concealed carry. Guns rights activist say New York guns laws are already some of the strictest in the country and there needs to be a pull-back.

“The people that that are getting permits are totally vetted,” King continued. “When you get a permit in New York, you have to have three or four personal references. You know, you go through a complete background check. You know, criminals are the ones that are causing the crimes in the cities, not legal gun owners, not lawful people.”

Gun rights advocates are optimistic the conservative majority court will elect to secure American’s Second Amendment rights..............

https://www.oann.com/supreme-court-to-hear-major-second-amendment-case/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Supreme Court to hear major Second Amendment case
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 10:57:58 pm »
I'm not so confident that the SCOTUS will rule favorably ... I'm sure that we're going to see some kind of gun violence and chaos erupt forcing them to rule against this.  We'll see.  Roberts is always a wild card and the new Supremes aren't as conservative as I had hoped.

@libertybele

What an odd way to spell "closeted and blackmailed homosexual"!

Although I will never understand why anyone is surprised about this,given that Boy Jorge nominated him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Re: Supreme Court to hear major Second Amendment case
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 01:25:43 am »
I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not holding my breath.  If the 'three' rule against the 2A we are in extreme trouble.

Supreme Court to hear case on New York's gun permit law

The three Trump appointees were not on the court when the justices last issued major gun rights rulings

https://www.foxnews.com/us/supreme-court-case-new-york-gun-law

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.