Author Topic: Democrats seek tweaks to $1.75T framework  (Read 119 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats seek tweaks to $1.75T framework
« on: October 29, 2021, 11:15:31 pm »
By Naomi Jagoda - 10/29/21 05:37 PM EDT

Democrats are working to see how bendable the White House's framework for the social-spending package is.

Lawmakers are hoping to make adjustments to the framework released Thursday in areas that include health care, climate and paid family leave.

But it could be a challenge given the positions of moderate Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), as well as a desire from the Biden administration to promptly enact both the Democratic-only spending package and a Senate-passed bipartisan infrastructure bill.

“No one got everything they wanted, including me, but that’s what compromise is,” Biden said Thursday in a speech at the White House about the framework.

The framework released Thursday still includes items such as universal pre-school and clean energy incentives. But it scales back and eliminates some of Biden and Democratic lawmakers’ spending and tax priorities, reducing the size of the package to $1.75 trillion, plus an additional $100 billion for immigration reforms that meet Senate budget rules.

The changes are designed to address the concerns of Manchin and Sinema, who opposed the $3.5 trillion top-line number that Democrats had previously been eyeing. No Republicans are expected to vote for the package, meaning that every Senate Democrat and nearly every House Democrat will need to back it for it to pass.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/579202-democrats-seek-tweaks-to-175t-framework
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Democrats seek tweaks to $1.75T framework
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 12:30:44 am »
By Naomi Jagoda - 10/29/21 05:37 PM EDT

Democrats are working to see how bendable the White House's framework for the social-spending package is.

Lawmakers are hoping to make adjustments to the framework released Thursday in areas that include health care, climate and paid family leave.

But it could be a challenge given the positions of moderate Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.), as well as a desire from the Biden administration to promptly enact both the Democratic-only spending package and a Senate-passed bipartisan infrastructure bill.

“No one got everything they wanted, including me, but that’s what compromise is,” Biden said Thursday in a speech at the White House about the framework.

The framework released Thursday still includes items such as universal pre-school and clean energy incentives. But it scales back and eliminates some of Biden and Democratic lawmakers’ spending and tax priorities, reducing the size of the package to $1.75 trillion, plus an additional $100 billion for immigration reforms that meet Senate budget rules.

The changes are designed to address the concerns of Manchin and Sinema, who opposed the $3.5 trillion top-line number that Democrats had previously been eyeing. No Republicans are expected to vote for the package, meaning that every Senate Democrat and nearly every House Democrat will need to back it for it to pass.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/579202-democrats-seek-tweaks-to-175t-framework

I think when  it's all said and done, Manchin and Sinema will vote with their party. Just my opinion.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Democrats seek tweaks to $1.75T framework
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 04:42:12 pm »
I think when  it's all said and done, Manchin and Sinema will vote with their party. Just my opinion.
That's obviously a given. They are DCP disciples and will do as they are commanded to do. All this garbage has been smoke a mirrors for what they really have planned. No telling what that might be.