Author Topic: Kinzinger announces he won't seek reelection  (Read 129 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kinzinger announces he won't seek reelection
« on: October 29, 2021, 05:10:38 pm »
Kinzinger announces he won't seek reelection
By Tal Axelrod - 10/29/21 10:30 AM EDT

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) announced Friday he will not seek reelection next year, marking an end to a 12-year House career that was capped off by vocal criticism of former President Trump.

In a video announcing his retirement at the end of his term in January 2023, Kinzinger recalled his first race in which he unseated a Democratic incumbent in 2010, saying he was fueled by supporters who told him to “be my own man and to never ‘do what they tell you to do,’” a tacit reference to his vociferous criticism of Trump.

“I stand tall and proud knowing that I have done just that,” Kinzinger said. “I also remember during that campaign saying that if I ever thought it was time to move on from Congress, I would. And that time is now.”

Kinzinger was one of 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach Trump in January over his role in inciting the Jan. 6 insurrection. Along with Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), Kinzinger has been among the most vocal GOP critics of Trump, earning him enmity from some of his colleagues. Republican rebukes of him rose after he accepted a position on the special House panel investigating the Jan. 6 riot on Capitol Hill.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/579085-kinzinger-announces-he-wont-seek-reelection
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Kinzinger announces he won't seek reelection
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 05:12:03 pm »
I wonder what this Turd is up to?  Little sneaky shits like Adam always have a plan.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 05:28:37 pm »
Hey Adam...thank your rat buddies for redistricting your Congressional district....but they thank you for turning on Trump and sitting in the Jan 6th Committee...

btw....Liz.....read above... :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 05:47:44 pm »
He talks as if he’s giving up his seat for some noble cause when it’s nothing more than redistricting that cost him his seat
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 05:49:40 pm »
Reelection to what? He didn't have a district to be elected to so he didn't retire by choice. He wouldn't have been reelected anyway. He'll run as a DCP disciple for some other office.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 06:27:52 pm »
Yawn...  must be a slow news day......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 07:43:12 pm »