Author Topic: Feds Uncover "Expansive" Illegal Alien Hiring Scheme in South Carolina Construction Industry  (Read 142 times)

rangerrebew

Feds Uncover "Expansive" Illegal Alien Hiring Scheme in South Carolina Construction Industry

Published: 
Wed, Oct 27th 2021 @ 5:56 pm EDT

Federal prosecutors in the state of South Carolina have secured dozens of guilty pleas from people involved in S.C.’s construction industry who illegally hired unauthorized aliens and paid them through unlicensed check-chasers to avoid detection by the Internal Revenue System.

The guilty pleas are just the first signs of what federal prosecutors called an “expansive” undercover investigation of construction companies and contractors along the South Carolina coast who hired illegal aliens and defrauded the government of tens of millions of dollars in taxes from employers and illegal employees.

Additionally, The Washington Times reports, “The unscrupulous businesses [who used illegal labor] also were able to undercut other construction companies that were following the law, authorities said.”

Ronnie Martinez, special agent in charge at Homeland Security Investigations in the Carolinas, added:

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/fed-prosecutors-uncover-expansive-illegal-alien-hiring-scheme-south-carolina

Offline Kamaji

Well, if the Southern border weren't wide open to all illegal aliens, maybe this wouldn't be such a problem in the first place.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Will the contractors' problems go away if they hire union labor at prevailing wage?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.