Author Topic: House Democrats Celebrate High Gas Prices By Demonizing Oil Industry  (Read 75 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 House Democrats Celebrate High Gas Prices By Demonizing Oil Industry

House Democrats celebrated seven-year high gas prices Thursday with a show trial demonizing the use of fossil fuels.

By Tristan Justice
October 29, 2021

House Democrats celebrated seven-year-high gas prices Thursday with a show trial demonizing the widespread use of fossil fuels provided by an industry that has kept costs low.

Frequently invoking the big tobacco hearings three decades ago, Democrats on the House Oversight Committee sought to indict oil executives as the primary culprits of climate change just as cigarettes are for cancer.

“Twenty-seven years ago, seven tobacco executives appeared in this room before Congress. Rather than admitting the truth about their product, the executives lied,” said Oversight Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., in her opening statement. “This was a watershed moment in the public’s understanding of big tobacco. I hope that today’s hearing represents a turning point for big oil.”

Maloney called the hearing with Environmental Subcommittee Chairman Ro Khanna, D-Calif., —both of whom have raked in thousands from oil and gas profits — for the explicit purpose of stigmatizing “big oil” as “big tobacco” with allegations the industry was engaged in a campaign to discredit claims of climate change.

“We are deeply concerned that the fossil fuel industry has reaped massive profits for decades while contributing to climate change that is devastating American communities, costing taxpayers billions of dollars, and ravaging the natural world,” they wrote in a September statement. “We are also concerned that to protect those profits, the industry has reportedly led a coordinated effort to spread disinformation to mislead the public and prevent crucial action to address climate change.”

Four companies and two trade groups were represented, including Shell, ExxonMobil, BP, Chevron, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and the American Petroleum Institute (API).

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/29/house-democrats-celebrate-high-gas-prices-by-demonizing-oil-industry/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: House Democrats Celebrate High Gas Prices By Demonizing Oil Industry
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 06:43:14 pm »
The Democrats are convinced that any opposition to their agenda is just from Trump supporters. Gas prices going up and energy prices going up and this is what the Democrats focus on. They believe people who want reasonable gas and energy prices are all Trump supporters
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: House Democrats Celebrate High Gas Prices By Demonizing Oil Industry
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 06:55:35 pm »

The Limousine Liberal Dem NIMBY's are tyring to gentrify America.

In a sane America, our abundant supply of coal, oil, and natural gas would provide the US with a global competitive advantage of inexspensive energy inputs.

All of their alternative energy schemes have environmental and economic impact.  They haven't yet acknowledged and measured the real costs of their Global Climate Change nonsense.

Will they ever acknowledge that "recycling" was really a euphemism for dumping waste in poorer countries?  No, because Al Gore and John Kerry believe their excrement does not smell.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.