Author Topic: Why the most dreaded injection is called the ‘peanut butter’ shot  (Read 105 times)

rangerrebew

Why the most dreaded injection is called the ‘peanut butter’ shot

Tim Kirkpatrick
Posted On October 28, 2021 04:00:00

Every recruit, in the first few weeks of boot camp, will get in a line during their medical evaluations and get stuck in the arm with all sorts of needles and have thermometers shoved into some uncomfortable places.

Welcome to the military!
Related video:

Out of all the medications recruits get injected with throughout their processing week, none of them are as feared as the almighty “peanut butter” shot.

While these peanut butter shots are awesome, the ones we get in boot camp are far from exciting.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/popular/why-the-most-dreaded-injection-is-called-the-peanut-butter-shot/

rangerrebew

Re: Why the most dreaded injection is called the ‘peanut butter’ shot
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 10:46:58 am »
I remember mostly the next morning.  Guys couldn't even stand up let alone walk.  On my last day I was walking near a grinder and a guy asked if I could help him across the snow and ice.  I was flippant and said "the old bicillin blues, huh?"  He said not only that but they broke the needle in his *ss and had to dig it out. OMGGGGGGG

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 11:21:10 am »
A former boss was a Corpsman in the Navy. He said that when the person getting antibiotics for a dose of social disease was decent, they'd warm the syringe a little before injecting it so it would dissipate better in the muscle, and inject it slowly. If they were a jerk, they'd get it cold and fast.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 11:29:23 am »
I was relieved from standing barracks watch to go run to get that damn bicillin shot. So from a dead run, I dropped my drawers and felt liquid fire burring me up. And then I had to hobble back to continue my watch.