Author Topic: We Need to Talk About the Huma Abedin ‘Sexual Assault’ Allegation Story for a Minute  (Read 147 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We Need to Talk About the Huma Abedin ‘Sexual Assault’ Allegation Story for a Minute
By Sister Toldjah | Oct 27, 2021 4:15 PM ET

Literally, the first story I saw when I logged on this morning to scan what was happening in the world was how longtime Hillary Clinton aide/confidante Huma Abedin, also the ex-wife of disgraced former New York Rep. Anthony Weiner (D), had alleged in her upcoming book what numerous media outlets have labeled as a “sexual assault” from an unnamed U.S. senator which allegedly happened sometime in the early 2000s.

UK news outlet The Guardian got a hold of an advance copy of Abedin’s new book “Both/And: A Life in Many Worlds,” which comes out next week. They filed a report detailing Abedin’s claim:

Then, after describing a Washington dinner attended by “a few senators and their aides” but not Clinton, Abedin writes: “I ended up walking out with one of the senators, and soon we stopped in front of his building and he invited me in for coffee. Once inside, he told me to make myself comfortable on the couch.”

She says the senator took off his blazer, rolled up his sleeves and made coffee while they continued to talk.

“Then, in an instant, it all changed. He plopped down to my right, put his left arm around my shoulder, and kissed me, pushing his tongue into my mouth, pressing me back on the sofa.

“I was so utterly shocked, I pushed him away. All I wanted was for the last 10 seconds to be erased.”

Abedin writes that the senator seemed surprised but apologized and said he had “misread” her “all this time”. As she considered how to leave “without this ending badly”, she writes, the senator asked if she wanted to stay.

The Guardian doesn’t write that she herself called the 10-second incident a “sexual assault,” but they did say she noted in the book that the Kavanaugh hearings brought it to mind, which makes it sound like she views the kissing incident along the same lines.

Several U.S. outlets I’ve seen that wrote about this story like Fox News and The Hill among others have all used the term “sexual assault” in their headlines without the quote marks around them. Smartly, considering it doesn’t appear that’s what Abedin actually wrote. But it does seem that these outlets latched on to The Guardian’s description of the encounter as a “sexual assault” and ran with it.

more
https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2021/10/27/we-need-to-talk-about-the-huma-abedin-sexual-assault-allegation-story-for-a-minute-n464462
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

She shouldn't have stopped off at the Clinton household, then!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Abedin:
“I was so utterly shocked, I pushed him away. All I wanted was for the last 10 seconds to be erased.”

Her consolation prize?
A greasy Weiner...

Offline MajorClay

Hardly a "sexual assault"

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
10 seconds?  That is a good night for Brandon.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
She wasn't from NY, was she?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She wasn't from NY, was she?

Time line doesn't fit.  Prolly before Uval Abedin went gay.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.