Author Topic: California Ports to Fine Ocean Carriers for Backlog; Ports Remain Full  (Read 1202 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: California Ports to Fine Ocean Carriers for Backlog; Ports Remain Full
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2021, 08:37:50 pm »
That's a reasonable short-term solution, but it isn't a long-term solution, and long-term, it's highly unlikely that California will suddenly see reason, no matter how blatantly obvious, and change course.  As a result, there is a long-term opportunity for Mexico to capture substantial revenues from facilitating the transport of cargo from the Pacific into the U.S. in a way that "works around" California.
I agree. And for all the 'save the planet' folks that translates into higher emissions and older vehicles in use as Mexican Drivers haul the loads American's can't or won't--without the DOT rules we have here, and certainly not complying with California's emission standards--or possibly another racket for the Cartels, as they go into the trucking business, too.
But this, like so many problems out there, is imposed by idiot politicians and others who have no clue how things work.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2021, 08:48:46 pm »
I agree. And for all the 'save the planet' folks that translates into higher emissions and older vehicles in use as Mexican Drivers haul the loads American's can't or won't--without the DOT rules we have here, and certainly not complying with California's emission standards--or possibly another racket for the Cartels, as they go into the trucking business, too.
But this, like so many problems out there, is imposed by idiot politicians and others who have no clue how things work.

They have clue....they just DON'T CARE.  THEIR PAY-OFFS, KICK-BACKS...are all that matter.  Scr3w America and it's citizens.  Why should they care?  They have 'THEIR'S.".    Evil is a better word.  Narcissists. They don't care about human lives....either.  Just how to 'use them' for their own profit.   USEFUL IDIOTS=ANTIFA/BLM

P.S. I agree with you. Just adding on.   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 08:50:37 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2021, 08:54:09 pm »

Yup.

It also translates into lost revenues for California port businesses, and lost tax revenues for California itself.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2021, 10:22:33 pm »
Yup.

It also translates into lost revenues for California port businesses, and lost tax revenues for California itself.
And a lot of pissed off longshoremen as well
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2021, 12:28:24 am »
They deserve it.

International Longshoremen’s Association backs Biden
Absolutely they deserve it, but it will still change them by not having a job of course.

The laws of consequences.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2021, 09:12:17 am »
The marketplace will find a workaround. It always does, even if it has to go sub rosa.

Newsom must think a lot of himself to remain oblivious to the detrimental effects he is having on the State and America, or he is profoundly content with cutting off his nose to spite his face.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2021, 04:08:47 am »
It would serve Ca right if the shipping companies banded together and refused to load or unload ships at any port in Ca.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!