Author Topic: David Marcus: Joe Manchin is no moderate – he's a progressive in sheep's clothing  (Read 122 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
David Marcus: Joe Manchin is no moderate – he's a progressive in sheep's clothing
The one group of people Manchin doesn’t seem to be trying to please are the voters of West Virginia

By David Marcus | Fox News

Over the past two months, as disarrayed Democrats have haggled their way through bungled negotiations over their massive spending proposals, Joe Manchin has emerged, for many, as the adult in the room.

Progressive Democrats are furious that the West Virginia senator won’t let them spend $3.5 trillion dollars the country doesn’t have in the reconciliation bill. Some view his hold out status as heroic. Not so fast.

Manchin is not some moderate hero for only wanting to spend $1.5 trillion dollars the country doesn’t have. He's a modern-day progressive wolf hiding under the sheep's clothing of his 'moderate' moniker.

Let’s remember, shall we, that Manchin’s "moderate’ proposal is on top of a bipartisan infrastructure bill costing an addition trillion dollars. All in all, he wants the government to spend two thousand, five hundred billion dollars on new programs.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/joe-manchin-moderate-board-progressive-plan-david-marcus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'd say 90% of the elected Republicans in this country would be considered "progressives" by that definition. And probably the vast majority of people who voted for them as well.

We're witnessing the failure of democracy before your eyes: when the people realize they can vote themselves the right to the public coffers, and an unlimited quantity of borrowed money without regard to having to pay it back.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

Mojo's interests are not conservative nor progressive. They're Joe Manchin. He has no ideology except enriching himself.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,he is a moderate compared to Bernie.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

Manchin may be a progressive if you must label him but he is at least smart enough to recognize BS when he sees it.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Mojo's interests are not conservative nor progressive. They're Joe Manchin. He has no ideology except enriching himself.

The fact that Mike Lee suggested that Manchin change parties is concerning -- what does that say about Mike Lee?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The fact that Mike Lee suggested that Manchin change parties is concerning -- what does that say about Mike Lee?

@libertybele

What it tells me is that he is desperate to not lose a vote.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!