Author Topic: Joe Manchin Hopes to Pass $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill ‘by the End of the Week’  (Read 104 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Manchin Hopes to Pass $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill ‘by the End of the Week’

Wendell Husebø 26 Oct 2021

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said Tuesday he hopes the $1.2 trillion “bipartisan” infrastructure bill will pass the House by the end of this week.

“I would like to hope it passes Wednesday evening,” Manchin said, and noted to reporters President Biden needs a win with New Jersey and Virginia holding gubernatorial elections this coming Tuesday. “By the end of the week,” Manchin said as a last resort.

“We’re all negotiating, I think, in good faith. You have to keep all options open, or you’re not being fair with the other side. I think 1.5 was more than fair, since we just did 1.9 [and] another 1.2,” Manchin said in reference to the $1.9 trillion coronavirus stimulus package passed in March and the $1.2 trillion “bipartisan” infrastructure bill that passed the Senate and is waiting for the House’s approval.

Manchin in his statement noted the $3.5 trillion reconciliation package should be cut down to $1.5 trillion, a position Manchin has taken since the summer. But Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and far-left House members’ topline number for the package remains at $3.5 trillion.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/26/joe-manchin-hopes-pass-1-2-trillion-infrastructure-bill-end-week/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Obviously Manchin is a DCP disciple and will not change.

Offline skeeter

Push for 3.5 trillion so everyone breaths a sigh of relief when you end up with only 1.5 trillion in the Democrat slush fund.

1.5 trillion can buy one helluvalot of elections.