Author Topic: ‘Defund’ cheerleader Ilhan Omar blames ‘dysfunctional’ police amid Minneapolis crime wave  (Read 91 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Defund’ cheerleader Ilhan Omar blames ‘dysfunctional’ police amid Minneapolis crime wave
October 26, 2021 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

Squad member and “Defund the Police” advocate Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) outrageously claimed during a town hall event over the weekend that Minneapolis police are “dysfunctional” and that they are to blame for the rise in crime in the city.

The radical leftist accused police officers of not fulfilling their oath of office. She has previously called them a “cancer” and declared “we need to completely dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department.”

“What we must also recognize is that the reduction in policing currently in our city, and the lawlessness that is happening is due to two things,” Omar stated Saturday in Minneapolis. “One, the police have chosen to not fulfill their oath of office and to provide the public safety they are owed to the citizens they serve, right? It’s documented. But even before that, it was documented. The Minneapolis Police Department is the most dysfunctional police department, in our state and probably in the country.”

“The second part is that there has to be accountability,” she added. “And someone that is actually taking responsibility for what the police does invest into. And that doesn’t exist in this moment. And I do believe that the current charter that we have, that’s tied the hands of those who want to have that accountability because we are mandated to have a specific amount of policing, we are mandated to, you know, have the kind of these union contracts that we have right now. I don’t know any other big city in the state of Minnesota that has the charter that we have, it just doesn’t exist.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/10/26/defund-cheerleader-ilhan-omar-blames-dysfunctional-police-amid-minneapolis-crime-wave-1154386/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

You got to give people like her credit. The Democrat Party knows their “defund the police” platform is toxic and unpopular so whenever they try to run away from it, people like Omar get them right back on the reservation
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

People need to take responsibility for themselves and their families safety. The police are corrupt and worthless.